TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: The TGC Arcade  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
The TGC Arcade
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:54:46 AM »
Well, there hasn't been a new topic in this section in about a year, so I thought I would make one. I've never really played much in the arcade until today, even SkoolYa has more than me. Wow, there really are some good games in there. Some of them make you wanna go ::) but there is a lot of gems as well.

I came into the arcade "hoping" to beat some of RATROD's scores so I could talk smack, which I did. ;D Instead though, I realized what a fun place it is. I also noticed how more "old school" members like, theJude and XcitPup have records but then some of the newer people like KaBoom!, Awkward, and Cubestr are very good as well.

I wonder if you should should delete the games that don't keep a score Joom? Are you still adding games once in a while? I started a favorites list today and I'm still finding games I like and adding to it. You should get in there more and play also Joom, we need to dethrone this guy that calls himself RATROD. :P ;D

I think I reignited TopStar's arcade interest as well today. He got the gold in Slotz, a score of 3000, that Rat will be chasing for some time. 8) He also crushed the long standing record in Multiplication Station, to beat XcitPup. I also lost a bronze to him in "Crystal Eater" 3 minutes after I gained it. :'( The arcade is very fun and competitive, just like EBTR.

I already enjoyed the TGC and it's members a LOT, but now I found something else that makes it that much better! :D

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
Re: The TGC Arcade
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »
It took forever to get that 3,000, If anyone takes it, they can have it....for a while that is. ;)

As for the games that don't work, can they work? Is there a way to fix them? If not then getting rid of them would be the way to go...

XcitPup is very good at number/word games I noticed. :o

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
  • You have located the RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:52 AM »
It took forever to get that 3,000, If anyone takes it, they can have it....for a while that is. ;)

As for the games that don't work, can they work? Is there a way to fix them? If not then getting rid of them would be the way to go...

XcitPup is very good at number/word games I noticed. :o
Joom talked about an honor system with the games that don't keep score making a thread for us to post the scores from those games because alot of those games are fun so we should figure something out and as for slots it's yours TOP ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:50:25 AM by RATROD »
RATROD THE OTHER HOTROD :P  :o  :P

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:08:47 AM »
Yup, a lot of the games that don't save scores are still fun games to play.  As Rat said, quite a while back I suggested that if people wanted to compete in them all they'd have to do is start a thread here for that particular game, then when you have a high score just grab a screenshot and attach it to a post.  A little more trouble, but could still be fun for people who like those games.

And AC, I added a bunch for Rat quite a few months ago, but haven't had time to get any more in for quite a while.  Someday I'll add some more.

And as for playing, I played a bunch of them one time when I first got them installed just to set some scores to beat, but haven't played too much since then.  One of these days soon I'll jump in and see what I can beat... ;)
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
The only games I don't like is when it takes the longest to win, like you can have your computer sit all night on the same game, and you can have the record next morning! GAY! But yea it's a blast in there! :D
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline KaBoom

• Tick....Tick....KABOOM!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
we need to dethrone this guy that calls himself RATROD. :P ;D

Been tryin to do that forever :-X :-X And to my knowledge.......
ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!
??? ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[
Kaboom!!!! Your mind was just blown.

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
 8)
Been tryin to do that forever :-X :-X And to my knowledge.......
ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!
??? ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[
8)  ;)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
I know KaBoom, he is very tough to beat. :-\ RATROD needs to give up all his secrets about the arcade. There are not many "secret" lines in Excitebots anymore because of all the videos. You post them all you like RATROD in this thread. ;D

Two questions I have are, how can you get a score of 340 in Yahtzee 23? Also how can you be the champion with a score of 0? ::)

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »
I know KaBoom, he is very tough to beat. :-\ RATROD needs to give up all his secrets about the arcade. There are not many "secret" lines in Excitebots anymore because of all the videos. You post them all you like RATROD in this thread. ;D

Two questions I have are, how can you get a score of 340 in Yahtzee 23? Also how can you be the champion with a score of 0? ::)
AC I'm so good that numbers fear me  :P knock on wood  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:10:31 PM by RATROD »

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
Today I went through and played ALL of the games that will not keep a score. This took quite a long time. ??? I "fixed" or somehow got about 10-12 games to start keeping a score. I would be the champion and 5 mins later, I wouldn't even have a bronze trophy ::), but that's a whole different subject. :P

I would estimate about 60%-70% of the games that won't keep a score, will not play at all and should be deleted all together.

I also came across 4 or 5 games that wouldn't keep a score and it was a real shame because they were excellent games. Well, I hope everyone enjoys the new games that will keep a score in the arcade. :)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
I counted there to be 425/700 working games. Now there's about 435 I guess. I'm going off of RATROD's games played in the stats since he plays them all. :P

Joom - Would deleting the games and re-installing them fix the issue? I don't know how you hook up the flash games into your Arcade. That's admin mumbo jumbo. :P

It would be great to have more trophies...you know, for RAT to have.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:11 PM »
RATROD - I tried Steady Hand and successfully completed the first maze. Frustrating as it was, there was no way the game could submit anything. I died on level 2 and it just told me to retry. Maybe if someone complete the X number of stages there would be something but considering how horrible the first level was to get through, it's not worth it. ???

Same does for that other maze game....didn't beat that one but man moving that red dot is awful.

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »
I counted there to be 425/700 working games. Now there's about 435 I guess. I'm going off of RATROD's games played in the stats since he plays them all. :P

Joom - Would deleting the games and re-installing them fix the issue? I don't know how you hook up the flash games into your Arcade. That's admin mumbo jumbo. :P

It would be great to have more trophies...you know, for RAT to have.
Now that's funny :)) :))

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Won't work, Top.  The problem lies in the way the games are coded to save data (scores) and the way the Arcade software can interpret/translate that code.  Basically, different games are written for different arcade systems or version of arcade systems.  They will play in almost any arcade, the problem is saving scores.

Most of the time, when I'd go out and find games I couldn't tell if they were going to save scores till they were installed and tested.  Then, I just left games that wouldn't save in the arcade because a lot of them were still fun games to play and some people don't care about saving scores.

The older versions of the Arcade software for the older versions of the forum software seemed better.  I just installed a small arcade in another forum a couple months ago, and to be compatible with the latest forums software I had to use an arcade system that doesn't even have a top 5 players, or shoutbox, or anything else.  Won't even send a PM to the losing champion.  If I were to upgrade the forum software here to the latest version, the same thing would happen...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
So, I can now say that I've played every game in the arcade. At first, I played the games that stood out to me, then the other day I went and played all the games that wouldn't keep a score. The past few days, I played all the other games.

I made the ultimate favorites list for myself and cut down the 28 pages to just 9 pages. I probably will remove more of them if I see there isn't any point of playing them because RATROD has set the bar so high. ???

I didn't add one of the MANY Yeti games in the arcade to my list. Does Joom have an obsession with BigFoot or something? ::) :P

I was surprised when I would play a game for the first time and get the Bronze, Silver, and sometimes even the Gold trophy. :o What would happen if I really tried to beat that certain game? 8) I gained about 60 trophies (actually more than that but I get them and 5 minutes later, they're gone >:( ;)) but I'm happy with that. I've had a super good time in there the past few weeks, trading trophies back and forth and talking smack to the other arcaders. ;D It was humorous when I would get a trophy, especially a Gold and I would look down at the bottom of the screen and everyone else would be playing that game. You guys crack me up. :)

p.s. I've been wrapped up in the arcade so much, I haven't played EB in 3 days! :o :o :-\
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:20:02 PM by Agent C »

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:17:24 PM »
AC read the post before yours  ::) question was answered before you asked :P  ;) and yes the arcade is very addicting just like EBTR atleast when your not on the tracks we know where to find you bud  8)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
What question RATROD?  :P ;D

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:31 PM »
According to the Arcade stats, you've only played 263 of the 435 that keep score. ??? You have more work AC... :P

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »
According to the Arcade stats, you've only played 263 of the 435 that keep score. ??? You have more work AC... :P

Oh that's because I don't always submit a score. I sometimes play a game and 30 seconds in decide that it's not for me and quit. ::) Trust me, I've played them all. ;) I was third though in active players behind theJude and RATROD. :o Thanks for pointing my attention to that TopStar, I never looked at those stats. I was shocked to see I was 9th in the champions list. 8) Maybe you should keep that Gyro Ball championship from Cubestr. He was 10th with 8 Gold trophies. ;D