TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    Yesterday at 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy Turkey Day Exciteboters!
    November 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
  • JoomX: Happy Thanksgiving, everybody...
    November 22, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
  • JoomX: Welcome to the forums, byron332...
    November 07, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
  • JoomX: Still just a sat connection, TJ.  Never going to be anything better in this area.  Over 1,000ms ping time, would totally suck trying to play online.  For EB, I'd try it though... ;)
    October 19, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Did you ever get hooked up to decent internet, Joom?  We should hop into a voice-chat some time.  I have access to a Discord channel if you're interested.
    October 18, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
  • JoomX: For now, TJ.  I keep thinking it's kind of useless now with EB gone, but keep hoping a new EB or something similar will come along.  If not, I'm sure sometime we'll have to call it a day...  :(
    October 16, 2017, 11:58:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Well, I'm glad you're keeping it around, Joom. :D
    October 16, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: ExciteBots Online with the Wiimmfi Server  (Read 4112 times)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
ExciteBots Online with the Wiimmfi Server
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
ExciteBots Online Setup using the Wiimmfi Server

Wiimmfi Main Page: http://wiimmfi.de/
Wiimmfi Server Statistics: http://wiimmfi.de/stat
Wiimmfi Friend Code Database: http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

A. Install the Homebrew Channel onto Your Wii
01. On your Nintendo Wii, go to Wii Options in the bottom left corner of the screen.
02. Go to Wii Settings. Write down the System Menu Version that's located in the top right corner of the screen. (Ver. 4.3U)
03. In the Wii Settings menu, go to Internet followed by Console Information.
04. You should see your Wii's MAC Address there, write that down.
05. On your computer, go to http://please.hackmii.com/
06. On the site, make sure the correct System Menu Version is selected. Enter your MAC Address.
07. Fill out the Captcha and cut either wire (Red or Blue). The download should proceed to start.
08. Go to your Downloads folder on your computer and extract (unzip) the LetterBomb folder.
09. Insert your blank SD card into your computer. Proceed to copy the contents of the folder onto the root of the SD card.
10. Make sure your Wii is off. Insert the SD card into your Wii and turn it on. Check your Wii's Message Board and there should be a red letter with a bomb inside showing up.
11. When you see the letter, click it and the Homebrew installation should begin. If the screen freezes, make sure all the following apply:
>> You have a FAT32 or FAT formatted SD card (try both if one fails)
>> You have the boot.elf file on the root of the SD Card
>> You have a working Internet connection and have an updated Wii (4.3)
>> If nothing else, try various SD cards (even SDHC has been proven to work). If you still can't boot the Letterbomb, let us know.
12. On the warning screen regarding selling scams, press 1 to continue.
13. On the next screen to come up press Continue.
14. In the HackMii Installer, use the D-Pad on your Wiimote to go up to where it says Install the Homebrew Channel. Select it and the installation should begin.
15. Exit the Installer and go back to the Wii Menu.
16. Congratulations! The Homebrew Channel should be located on the Wii Menu.

B. Install the Homebrew App to Enable Online Play (Disc Method)
01. Download this ZIP folder here.
02. Extract the ZIP folder to your computer.
03. Place the "bslug" folder and "apps" folder found in the ZIP onto the root of your SD card (the same card used to install Homebrew). If you already have an "apps" folder on your SD card, place the "wiimmfipatcher" folder found inside the downloaded "apps" folder into the "apps" folder on your SD card.
04. Remove the SD card from your computer and insert the card into your Wii and turn it on.
05. Start up the Homebrew Channel. You should see an app called "Wiimmfi Patcher". Load it up and insert your game disc.
06. Your game should load shortly after it patches the disc. What this app is doing is redirecting the game to connect to the Wiimmfi server instead of the official server that was shutdown on May 20th, 2014.
07. Log on using a profile you created before May 20th, 2014. If you get error code 60000, you will need to register your friend code online to add it to the Wiimmfi database. Enter your FC at http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/ . ExciteBots: Trick Racing's Game ID is RX3E. It may take around 24 hours to get your profile added to the database and working online so please be patient.
08. Newly created profiles should work online right away. To regularly play online you will have to start up the Homebrew Channel and the Wiimmfi Patcher app every time you play.

C. Patching the ISO file for ExciteBots Online Play (USB Method)
This guide is not required if you did the disc method above. You will need USB Loader GX already installed and working for ExciteBots: Trick Racing before using this guide.
01. Download this ZIP folder here.
02. Extract the ZIP folder to your computer.
03. Insert your USB device you're using for your Wii games into your computer.
04. Open up WBFS Manager and load the appropriate drive.
05. Select ExciteBots: Trick Racing from the list of games you have installed and click where it says "Extract ISO" down below.
06. Find a location to store the ISO file and give it a name. Once you've done that, save and the extraction will begin.
07. Once finished you will have an ISO file for ExciteBots: Trick Racing. An ISO file (image file) is an exact copy of a disc.
08. To patch this ISO file to connect to the Wiimmfi server, you need to place the ISO file in the root of the folder you downloaded in step 1 of this guide. Please follow the instructions found in the README file of that folder on to patch the ISO file.
09. Now that you have the patched ExciteBots: Trick Racing ISO file, it's time to re-install it onto your USB device.
10. In WBFS Manager, right click on ExciteBots: Trick Racing and click on Delete Game. This will remove the unpatched version of EBTR from the device.
11. Locate the patched version of ExciteBots (located in the wiimmfi-images folder created during the patching process) and drag it onto the right side of the WBFS Manager screen.
12. Right click on the file you just dragged and click on Add to Drive. WBFS Manager will begin putting the patched game onto your USB device.
13. Once it's finished installing, remove the USB device and insert it into your Wii and turn it on.
14. Start up USB Loader GX and load ExciteBots: Trick Racing.
15. Log on using a profile you created before May 20th, 2014. If you get error code 60000, you will need to register your friend code online to add it to the Wiimmfi database. Enter your FC at http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/ . ExciteBots: Trick Racing's Game ID is RX3E. It may take around 24 hours to get your profile added to the database and working online so please be patient.
16. Once your friend code has been added to the database you should be able to get online successfully! Newly created profiles should work online right away.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:07:05 PM by TopStarRacer »

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
How to Install USB Loader GX onto Your Wii
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
How to Install USB Loader GX onto Your Wii

Part 1: Installing the USB Loader GX Channel
01. Download this ZIP folder I provided here.
On a blank SD card, copy only the "apps" and "wad" folders onto the root of it. If you already have an "apps" folder on your SD card, just copy the contents from the downloaded "apps" folder over to the "apps" folder on your SD card.
02. Once you have the folders on the SD card, insert the card into your Wii.
03. Start up the Homebrew Channel. Once loaded you should see 6 apps installed. Click and load the IOS236 Installer app (one of the apps provided in the package linked in step 1).
04. Press 1 or Y (for Gamecube controller) to install IOS236.
05. Under Getting IOS236 revison 3351, scroll to "Download IOS from NUS" and select it. Initializing network will begin. Press A to install when prompted.
06. Once successful, press any button to exit to Homebrew.
07. Next you're going to load the cIOSX rev20b Installer. (one of the apps provided in the package linked in step 1).
08. Once in the installer scroll to IOS236. Press A to continue. Press A again to agree to the disclaimer.
09. Select base IOS version to IOS56 v5661. Press A to continue.
10. Select custom IOS installation slot to be IOS249. Press A to continue.
11. Select custom IOS installation mode to be Network Installation. Press A to continue.
12. Installation will begin. Once successful, click any button to begin.
13. Select base IOS version 5o IOS38 v4123. Press A to continue.
14. Select custom IOS installation slot to be IOS250. Press A to continue.
15. Select custom IOS installation mode to be Network Installation. Press A to continue.
16. Installation will begin. Once successful, click any button to begin.
17. Press the B button to exit to the Homebrew Channel.
18. On the Homebrew Channel, scroll to and load the WAD Manager app. (one of the apps provided in the package linked in step 1).
19. Press A to agree to the disclaimer.
20. Select IOS249 and press A to continue.
21. Select NAND emulator device to Disable. Press A to continue.
22. Select source device to Wii SD Slot. Press A continue.
23. You should see your SD Card's content. Scroll down to the WAD folder and open it.
24. Select the USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.wad file. (one of the files provided in the package linked in step 1).
25. Select action to Install WAD. Installation should begin.
26. Once installation is complete, press any button to continue followed by B then the HOME button to restart.
27. On the Homebrew Channel click the Home Button and do a Shutdown of your Wii.
28. Turn your Wii back on and you should see the USB Loader GX Channel installed on your Wii Menu. Congratulations!

Part 2: Installing WBFS Manager and Formatting your USB Device
29. Now it's time to format your USB device you plan to use to read ExciteBots so the Wii can read it. You need to download WBFS Manager.
30. Go to downloads on the website and select the one that works best on your computer (x86 version for 32-bit and x64 for 64-bit PCs) Download the program and install it onto your computer.
31. Once installed, open WBFS Manager on your computer.
32. Insert the USB device you want to dedicate to store your Wii games (ExciteBots in this tutorial). 2GB is the minimum requirement for storing just ExciteBots but you may use more storage if you plan to store more games on it.
33. WARNING: Make sure the USB device is completely empty because once you format the drive in WBFS Manager, you will lose anything you have stored on it.
34. On your computer, look up what drive letter your USB device you plan to format is. Mine for example was (E:)
35. At the top of the WBFS Manager program, select the drive letter (very important!) and click Format. It will proceed to give you a warning about formatting. Make sure it's the right drive and proceed to format.
36. Once your flash drive or USB device is formatted to WBFS, take it out of the computer and insert it into the Wii. Use the slot on the right facing the back of the Wii.
37. Turn on your Wii with the USB device plugged in. Load USB Loader GX from the Wii Menu.
38. USB Loader GX will begin to load. If it says it's waiting for your USB device chances are you have it in the wrong USB slot. Just swap slots and you should succeed to the Loader's main menu.
39. When on the main menu, it should be blank (no games have been stored on the USB yet). What you need to do now is get your disc copy of ExciteBots: Trick Racing and load it into your Wii.
40. Proceed to install the disc and USB Loader GX will begin copying the ISO file of the game to the USB drive. If you drive does not work there is a way to add the game to the drive via your computer provided you are given the ISO file of ExciteBots (Send me a message and I'll provide you with the needed information).
41. Once the game has finished installing, eject the disc and you will now be able to play ExciteBots: Trick Racing off your USB device!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:27:47 PM by TopStarRacer »

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
Re: ExciteBots Online with the Wiimmfi Server
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
Reserved.

(You can post now)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:24:45 PM by TopStarRacer »

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »
For what it's worth, this forum is linked to ExciteBots: Trick Racing on the Wiimmfi server activity page.

http://wiimmfi.de/stat

I don't know if they ever got the Friend Room bug fixed but hey it's something to try out whenever more of you are interested in playing ExciteBots online again.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
I still am.  Might have to get another Wii, though...  >:(
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »
Okay, I'm sorry if I just didn't read this or not. But is the SD card suppose to be a certain brand and or certain size? I'd much rather just buy the cheapest 2GB one that they have or something. Or does it have to be like an 8GB to hold more memory and stuff. Once again I'm sorry, I just don't want to waste any money and not even having the chance to play EB online again. So that's why I'm asking the questions. Sorry again.
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline Lemzy

• Rookie
  • Just love hacking consoles and playing online :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »
A 2GB will do just fine ;)

P.S: the no need to reformat ur flash drive if ur using the Usb Loader method.
Check here: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/
It supports fat32 and ntfs also  :)

Offline Lawproto

• Rookie
  • Yup, here I am...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new here! :)
I discovered this little wii gem just a week ago (unfortunately), it' good to find it can still be played online!

How can I find people still interested to race together? Is anyone up?

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »
Wow.. I don't know if I can do all that Top, but it sure would be worth the effort just to get to play again.   I really miss having fun on the tracks with you fellas.   :-*

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Wow.. I don't know if I can do all that Top, but it sure would be worth the effort just to get to play again.   I really miss having fun on the tracks with you fellas.   :-*

Great to hear you're interested Barbie. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how effective this is atm because I can't get online myself. Not sure if Wiimmfi updated something since the last time I was able to search for a match or I did something on the Wii that creates no internet access. I plan on troubleshooting it sometime soon. I know the info about putting Homebrew onto the Wii should still work as you need that channel in order to do anything hacking related.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 12:34:29 AM »
Has anyone ever tried this? I decided to play some ExciteBots this evening (using the modified ISO file on my USB drive that connects to the Wiimmfi server) and was able to search for a match. Of course, I didn't find one as according to their statstics site, I was the only one online. https://wiimmfi.de//stat?m=8

According to this page, there are 193 profiles registered to this game too, which is cool...but the activity level is practically dead (only 8 log-ins in the last week).

Anyways, if any of you have Homebrew and is willing to connect to the Wiimmfi server, I'd love to race again sometime...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:39:58 AM by TopStarRacer »

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
I had this set up but my Wii hasn't been working in years and I don't even know where it is now. What I'd give to be able to race again.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 06:14:46 PM »
I've been looking on EBay for good deals, should have another one soon...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
I've been looking on EBay for good deals, should have another one soon...

When you get one Joom, let me know if you need any help getting homebrew on it and setting it up for the Wiimmfi server. I'd be great to race with you again!

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
I'll do that, Top.  I had never put homebrew on the other one, I kept thinking they'd have to bring back EB with online servers at some point...  >:(

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Could you modify the Wii U to to play with the Wiimmfi server?
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!