TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    Yesterday at 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy Turkey Day Exciteboters!
    November 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
  • JoomX: Happy Thanksgiving, everybody...
    November 22, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
  • JoomX: Welcome to the forums, byron332...
    November 07, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
  • JoomX: Still just a sat connection, TJ.  Never going to be anything better in this area.  Over 1,000ms ping time, would totally suck trying to play online.  For EB, I'd try it though... ;)
    October 19, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Did you ever get hooked up to decent internet, Joom?  We should hop into a voice-chat some time.  I have access to a Discord channel if you're interested.
    October 18, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
  • JoomX: For now, TJ.  I keep thinking it's kind of useless now with EB gone, but keep hoping a new EB or something similar will come along.  If not, I'm sure sometime we'll have to call it a day...  :(
    October 16, 2017, 11:58:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Well, I'm glad you're keeping it around, Joom. :D
    October 16, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: But if ya try sometimes, you just might find...  (Read 886 times)

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
But if ya try sometimes, you just might find...
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »
Well, from the time I got online with EB, I hardly ever did any offline racing.  But last week I got the bug, so I put everything back together and raced a couple.

Couple nights later, I raced a few more.  Now I'm finding myself sitting down for 2-3-4 races about every other night.

It's not online, and no actual competition except against myself, but it's better than it had been without any racing at all.  Kind of.  I don't race many at a time, but it fills the 'no racing blues' hole.  A little.

Anybody else finding themselves getting it out for a few runs for old time's sake?  I mean hey - you can't always get what you want, but if ya try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Dynam0

• View Profile
Re: But if ya try sometimes, you just might find...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »
Hey, Joom. I have to admit I haven't felt the itch much. Part of the reason for that  is that I am spending a lot of time with offline multiplayer on MK8. There are three of us (my sons and me) racing right now, so we can't go online (max. 2). I try to sneak online when I can..

Ironically, I was given a used Wii for Father's Day, but I haven't set it up yet. I do periodically think about trying Excite Truck again.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
I thought about ET the other night too, D, but haven't put it in yet.

You can't beat local multiplayer with the boys, though.  I miss those days (we did a PC network).

I'm still checking out things online, though, just to see what might be fun for a few of us to jump into once in a while...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »
I've been into Excite Truck to fill the EB loss.  `S` graded all tracks, challenges and mirror.  Earned the super truck.  Liked to had that for EB online.
Play to the room.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »
Did that a few years ago, Bots, but might go back and do it again.  Still a fun racing game...

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 03:15:30 AM »
Yeah, Excite Truck was great, went back to it not that long ago (well maybe longer than I think) and set some personal bests.  Post some scores in the thread over there even if they're not that great.  Might be fun to get a little competition going there.

It's funny that it's taken this long, but I'm starting to really miss EB online.  There's been a few nights in the last week where I've thought about getting online but then remembered: nope, can't do that anymore. :(

I'm keeping busy with SWTOR and even bought Starcraft II and played all the way through the single player (that's a pretty great game and has a good storyline).  May get the Heart of the Swarm expansion at some point if I can find it for a good price.

Life goes on, and we keep on playing...

Oh, and Joom, I see what you did there...
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 10:43:21 AM »
If, and or, when Nintendo releases a new Excite game, I will be back.
Play to the room.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile