TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    Today at 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy Turkey Day Exciteboters!
    November 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
  • JoomX: Happy Thanksgiving, everybody...
    November 22, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
  • JoomX: Welcome to the forums, byron332...
    November 07, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
  • JoomX: Still just a sat connection, TJ.  Never going to be anything better in this area.  Over 1,000ms ping time, would totally suck trying to play online.  For EB, I'd try it though... ;)
    October 19, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Did you ever get hooked up to decent internet, Joom?  We should hop into a voice-chat some time.  I have access to a Discord channel if you're interested.
    October 18, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
  • JoomX: For now, TJ.  I keep thinking it's kind of useless now with EB gone, but keep hoping a new EB or something similar will come along.  If not, I'm sure sometime we'll have to call it a day...  :(
    October 16, 2017, 11:58:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Well, I'm glad you're keeping it around, Joom. :D
    October 16, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
What are you watching?
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:29:44 PM »
If you have Netflix check out "Video Games: The Movie".  You may like.
Play to the room.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »
Have to check that out, Bots.  We switch back and forth between Netflix and Hulu Plus for a few different shows a night.  Supernatural, Gotham, Once Upon A Time, Arrow, Grimm, The 100, Flash, and a bunch of others.

Can't play games, so it's always showtime...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:38:14 AM by JoomX »
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 03:40:48 AM »
I don't have much time to watch movies/tv, and generally do the Netflix thing when I can (although I like buying a collecting movies as well).  I recently went on a kick and bought a bunch of Sci-Fi movies.  I haven't had time to watch them all yet, but here are some of the ones I have:

Moon - A very-thought provoking movie.  The main twist actually comes early on (and you'll probably see it coming), but it plays out very well and the main actor does an absolutely amazing job.  It's not an action movie or anything like that, but definitely worth a watch.

Predator 1 and 2 - For some odd reason, I don't think I'd ever seen these movies in their entirety, which was a tragedy that I needed to rectify.  I'm glad I did.  Yes, they're a bit silly and cheesy, but it's all worth it when you hear Arnold yell, "Get to the Choppa!!" (I had heard this phrase before and knew of it, but I didn't realize it was from this movie).  Predator 2 wasn't quite as good, but on the other hand, it's hard to argue against Danny Glover vs. Predator.  Also, now I want a Predator 3 where it's Adam Baldwin vs. Predator, because I love that guy!!  (Check him out in "Firefly" and "Chuck" to see what I mean).

The Fifth Element - Such a fun movie.  If you haven't seen it, go watch it.  It's good, light-hearted, cheesy sci-fi fun.  And it's got Bruce Willis... and Mila Jovovich... and an overall great cast.

I also bought the Alien and Planet of the Apes collections on blu-ray.  I haven't gotten around to watching them yet, but hope to soon.  However, I really like the packaging and presentation of them.  For those of you who like these films but don't own them yet (or want to upgrade), I highly recommend them.  I like to collect movies as well and part of that is having a nice set that looks nice and displays well.  However, nothing beats the Lord of the Rings set.  That is a thing of beauty and the gold standard by which all other movie sets should be judged.
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
I have a few DVD's laying around, but none that I bought.  All given to me by somebody over time.

The Fifth Element was a great movie, and Alien was great for its time.  The first two Predators were good, then it went south with things like Alien vs. Predator.  Lord of the Rings was a classic, I remember waiting for a year in between each one.

You should check out an old one called "Forbidden Planet".  A favorite from way back in the day.  It wasn't the first sci-fi movie, but it's considered to be the granddaddy of modern sci-fi movies.  Great for the time, and a good one for fans of the genre...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »
The missus bought me the complete 1970s action adventure series "The Six Million Dollar Man".  Most of the episodes are a bit lame, but, a few are decent.  Back in the day the series was huge success for several seasons.  I hear the series will be coming to the big screen maybe in 2017 starring Mark Walberg.  Of course,  retitled with Billion...inflation.
Play to the room.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 03:31:07 PM »
Should be a good one, Bots.  Sci_fi / Fantasy is still my main genre...

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shield, every superhero show to exist and a few others. Looking for a new show on Netflix now.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »
 :P :P :P

Sounds exactly like our lineup.  Also watch "The 100" and a few others.  And just found the first seasons of "Second Chance" and "11.22.63"...

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
Looking forward to Superman v Batman soon.
Play to the room.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »
Should be a good movie.  Though it shouldn't even be a question - super strength / super speed / invulnerability / flight / laser eyes / x-ray vision, against a guy with a fast car and cool toys...  :P

Going to watch it, though... ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:08:12 AM by JoomX »

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
And still waiting for Gotham to get to the point...  ::)

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 11:29:36 PM »
Should be a good movie.  Though it shouldn't even be a question - super strength / invulnerability / flight / laser eyes / x-ray vision, against a guy with a fast car and cool toys...  :P
yes

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 12:00:27 AM »
Recently picked up the movie "John Wick" on blu-ray for like $8, which I'd heard good things about.  I gotta say, I agree with everything I heard.  One of the best action films I've seen in a while.  It was an action movie, made by people who exclusively do action scenes, for people who love action movies.  It delivers.
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 09:06:04 AM »
Looked like it might be good.  I'm still waiting for it to hit the streaming side of NetFlix, right now it's still only on DVD...

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 05:19:16 AM »
Should be a good movie.  Though it shouldn't even be a question - super strength / super speed / invulnerability / flight / laser eyes / x-ray vision, against a guy with a fast car and cool toys...  :P

Going to watch it, though... ;)

theJude's Backloggery

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
I'll try to check it out TJ.
Play to the room.