TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    Yesterday at 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy Turkey Day Exciteboters!
    November 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
  • JoomX: Happy Thanksgiving, everybody...
    November 22, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
  • JoomX: Welcome to the forums, byron332...
    November 07, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
  • JoomX: Still just a sat connection, TJ.  Never going to be anything better in this area.  Over 1,000ms ping time, would totally suck trying to play online.  For EB, I'd try it though... ;)
    October 19, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Did you ever get hooked up to decent internet, Joom?  We should hop into a voice-chat some time.  I have access to a Discord channel if you're interested.
    October 18, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
  • JoomX: For now, TJ.  I keep thinking it's kind of useless now with EB gone, but keep hoping a new EB or something similar will come along.  If not, I'm sure sometime we'll have to call it a day...  :(
    October 16, 2017, 11:58:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Well, I'm glad you're keeping it around, Joom. :D
    October 16, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: A Little Late But...  (Read 678 times)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
A Little Late But...
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:50:31 AM »
Happy new year everyone! I hope everyone that sees this has been having a good year so far. I sure do miss racing all of you guys. I just recently figured out why my Wii wasn't connecting to the Wiimmfi servers so I was able to "Search for a match" for the first time since mid 2014 after the servers shutdown.

So if anyone here who has Wiimmfi setup and wants to join me in some races, I'd be happy to join! I'd also be glad to assist anyone in setting up their Wii to connect online again so we could have some races too.

Offline DarkDog

• Love the whole Dark thing!
    • View Profile
Re: A Little Late But...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Happy new year Top! I miss playing with you bud.  8)

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:44 AM »
I was thinking of starting FwaL back up again since you mentioned racing again TopStar. I started playing it recently on a new file for Dolphin. Would be neat to race once again and beat you all with the Lobster.  8)
I am Truck Norris

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
I was thinking of starting FwaL back up again since you mentioned racing again TopStar. I started playing it recently on a new file for Dolphin. Would be neat to race once again and beat you all with the Lobster.  8)

This intrigued me. I've heard about Dolphin but I've never tried it (because I had always assumed you had to use your keyboard but I've since learned you can use an actual controller.)

I can see Dolphin being an alternative for those who's Wiis are broken or don't want to hack Homebrew onto their console, which is required to play online again.

I got excited when I saw it supports ISOs. I have a patched ISO of ExciteBots I run on the Wii that connects to the Wiimmfi servers and since Dolphin supported Nintendo WI-FI, I should be able to connect online from the emulator. How are you playing ExciteBots BTC and were you planning on using Wiimmfi or Dolphin's online?

Edit: Hmm, wasn't able to get it working right now but I'll have to look into it further. It felt strange though playing EBTR from my laptop haha.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:58:49 PM by TopStarRacer »

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:20:15 AM »
This intrigued me. I've heard about Dolphin but I've never tried it (because I had always assumed you had to use your keyboard but I've since learned you can use an actual controller.)

I can see Dolphin being an alternative for those who's Wiis are broken or don't want to hack Homebrew onto their console, which is required to play online again.

I got excited when I saw it supports ISOs. I have a patched ISO of ExciteBots I run on the Wii that connects to the Wiimmfi servers and since Dolphin supported Nintendo WI-FI, I should be able to connect online from the emulator. How are you playing ExciteBots BTC and were you planning on using Wiimmfi or Dolphin's online?

Edit: Hmm, wasn't able to get it working right now but I'll have to look into it further. It felt strange though playing EBTR from my laptop haha.

Well not only is it an alternative but it's also higher quality as you can change native resolution and whatnot. Through Dolphin you can connect to others with the use of Netplay where you directly connect to other people. I know you can connect to Wiimmfi through Dolphin but I don't know how to set that up. Another note, if you have a bluetooth adapter you can use your Wiimote on Dolphin so it would be the same experience.
I am Truck Norris

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »
Omg Fwal T-T those were the days, despite the fact that I wasn't in very many....
well, I have wiimmfi and Excitebots on my Wii, but I lost all my progress u.u, and as you can recall, I'm no match for you...
nevertheless it would be fun!! n.n

I'd be that one guy who accidentally "beelines" the track without trying to beeline compared to his standards and gets all the extra stars but essentially is last place, or the guy who runs out of time cause he's still trying to figure out how to consistently finish the race with more than 300 stars without the aid of a win bonus!! :D

And Happy new late year!!

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
I miss those, too.  And what is this Dolphin thing you speak of?
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)