TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    Yesterday at 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy Turkey Day Exciteboters!
    November 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
  • JoomX: Happy Thanksgiving, everybody...
    November 22, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
  • JoomX: Welcome to the forums, byron332...
    November 07, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
  • JoomX: Still just a sat connection, TJ.  Never going to be anything better in this area.  Over 1,000ms ping time, would totally suck trying to play online.  For EB, I'd try it though... ;)
    October 19, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Did you ever get hooked up to decent internet, Joom?  We should hop into a voice-chat some time.  I have access to a Discord channel if you're interested.
    October 18, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
  • JoomX: For now, TJ.  I keep thinking it's kind of useless now with EB gone, but keep hoping a new EB or something similar will come along.  If not, I'm sure sometime we'll have to call it a day...  :(
    October 16, 2017, 11:58:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Well, I'm glad you're keeping it around, Joom. :D
    October 16, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: Discuss Recent Excite Races  (Read 100057 times)

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Discuss Recent Excite Races
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Okay, I'm starting this thread because things end up going away in the ShoutBox, and it would be fun to see what's been going on in races.

Dynam0, great races just now bud.  Couldn't believe I got that Plat China after 4 crashes.  I took the Sc Can race off to just bang on CatFish - just because it seemed like the thing to do at the time.  Changed bots so you'd know something different was happening.  Kept him back quite a ways in placement on that one.

I'll be in again in a bit, and on voice chat this time if you happen to be around.  Been missing racing you.  And Bots.  And Barbie.  And tJ.  And everyone else here.  Where has everyone been lately?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:07:23 PM by TopStarRacer »
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss recent races...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:08:42 AM »
JOOM, I'm usually on for a little bit each night, usually starting around 11:30 - 12:00 PM central time and going for about an hour, depending on who's racing.  I've been looking for you, but you always seem to be working.  On my days off (or days I'm working earlier), I'll get on earlier and even during the day sometimes, but that's fairly infrequent as I usually work evening shifts.

Regarding CATFISH - I'm beginning to suspect this may be a new profile for LAMBBOT.  Their abilities seem quite similar to me, and given that LAMBBOT just finished up his 9s and hasn't been seen since, the evidence is beginning to present itself.  The case isn't closed yet, and if anybody has information that can prove/disprove this theory, I'd be happy to hear it.

TopStar - Regarding your shout, I was not aware/didn't remember that Feeble was the same as DeVolta.  However, given that both the LOONEY and Thelma profiles show up on the list, I didn't think we were discluding (is that a real word?) additional profiles from the same racers.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, though...

Well, I'm off to go race now.  Hope to see you out there...
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:21:14 AM »
tJ, I was in on and off last night but couldn't find you.  Couldn't get into VC (company).  I'll be trying again in a few, but still have company.

Makes sense about CatFish.  He's not bad, but couldn't keep up.  I just played around banging him on that Sc Can run and still got him by quite a bit.  Some tracks are better than others for him.  Now that you mention it, it was quite a bit like LambBot or JimsBot.

I'll look for you shortly...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »
Saw phantom on tonight and noticed he finally got up over 1000 wins!!!  I'm going to presume this happened today (6/30) for the sake of the Achievements thread.  I then proceeded to whoop him up every race and not allow him a single win (at least until I left). :D  However, many of the races were quite close with me only winning by 10-15 stars (although he usually beat me in rank).

JimsBot made an appearance near the end, while CATFISH was in the room no less (I didn't really suspect it was Jims due to his racing patterns/skills, but JOOM had mentioned it).  He's still plugging away at them 9's-Lost!

My theory about CATFISH is looking more and more likely after what I witnessed tonight.  After racing him across several rooms,  He eventually left for a while.  Then, when I got into a room with phantom, LAMBBOT came in for a race or two, then left.  Not long after, he came back in as CATFISH again.  Also, there was one time, when, after leaving and not finding any other racers, he came back to race with me and picked Gold Mexico right away, which we all know is LAMBBOT's favorite course.  Unless anybody has any concrete evidence to the otherwise (e.g. seeing both in a room at the same time), I think I'm going to assume this going forward.

And JOOM, when you said you'd be there in "a few", I assumed minutes, not hours, days, weeks, months, or years.  When you ask "where were you lately?"  I'll just have to answer: right here, playing excitebots and hanging out all alone in voice chat.  Where were YOU?!?
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »
Three things:

1. theJude - DeVolta was Feeble's account. In other words, DeVolta is his 1,000+ win account.

2. JOOM - Why did you create this thread when FLASH had one started a while ago? http://www.thegamecommunity.com/forums/index.php?topic=881.0

3. What ever happened to leaving the DRR over on the abandoned board anyways?

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »
1. theJude - DeVolta was Feeble's account. In other words, DeVolta is his 1,000+ win account.
Ah, I understand now.  I did not realize this, but will make the correction soon.

2. JOOM - Why did you create this thread when FLASH had one started a while ago? http://www.thegamecommunity.com/forums/index.php?topic=881.0
TopStar, the man can't even remember what race he just selected, let alone some thread started weeks ago. :D

3. What ever happened to leaving the DRR over on the abandoned board anyways?
What ever happened to you retiring and not caring any more?
theJude's Backloggery

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
Hmmm, you're right, why am I caring? Guess it's who I am. What ever happened to you being the tourney manager around here? From what it looks like, there hasn't been an organized tourney in ages. Guess the voice chatting defeated those?

Oops, did I just care again? My bad. :P

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
Speaking of tournies... I have an idea that I will post in the Tourney thread. It is quite interesting.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 05:25:36 AM »
Phantom, some good races this morning, thanks...

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
Dyn, Bots, and tJ, good races, had a lot of fun.  Some really good smash up stuff, enjoyed that.  Would have stayed, but finished my call and had to get back at things.  Might be back in later on...

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 02:25:04 AM »
Well, tonight I started off with a bang (and then fizzled quite quickly).  I set a new personal record on Silver Kilimanjaro of 387 (it would have been 399 had I gotten the full bonus).  JOOM was in the room and I was surprised to remain in first for the entirety of the race while running my most current line pretty solidly (and few minor errors did occur, but I mostly hit everything I intended to).  I was LOOOOONG overdue to set a new record on SK, as my old record was terrible (I think I was ranked like 20th... ick.  Just looking at the old rankings, this improves my rank by 10 (I don't quite have all the records in my database, so I'm ranked 8th in there)).  I'd like to get my score up to over 400, and think it's probably possible, especially if I can find a few more things to do and/or improve/combine some of my jump combos.

I also set a nice new score on Gold Mexico last night.  I was alone in a room with BiGsTaR, and was running my farm line quite well including a few new tricks I've been working on.  Then, to top things off, I was able to get 1st with the full 80 bonus, so I was finally able to get over the 500-mark with a 503.  This is an improvement of over 20 of my old record, so it helps in the rankings quite nicely as well.

Head on over to my personal high scores page to see the details and pictures.
theJude's Backloggery

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:20 AM »
Pssst, theJude, your School Fiji was done in a room of 2, not 4. ;)

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »
BedBug, whoever you are, nice races earlier this afternoon.  Pretty impressive scores on a couple of them...

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 01:37:57 AM »
Okay 'imajoke', aka 'BedBug', nice racing with you again tonight.  More great scores, but you left too early.  I'd just gotten off the phone 2 races before you left, was ready for some more one-on-one.  Maybe tomorrow night under some other name... ;)

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Bots, Barbie, man it was good to have you two in there again.  Been a while since I've had that much fun.  I couldn't get on VC, Kandy and I were on a conference call, but I wish I could have been.  So many great ones in there.

On my screen, the short tree run after the football on Plat Can I went between you two and sent you both flying to different sides.  Don't know which one I got on the wall in Br China, but I loved that one.  Just a ton of good ones.  And a ton of near misses.

Have to do that again soon.  Buddy of mind from Australia will have his US Wii and EB in a week or two, he'll be a fun one to have in there for this stuff too.

Gotta make supper now, but I'll check back later on.  Maybe tomorrow night again with VC?

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »
  Joom, that was bloody and violent.  I hope no children were watching :P  In Plat/Can you "POW-ed" both me and Barbie at the end of the tree run!  It has been a few days since we last raced and it was a lot of fun.
Play to the room.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »
Absolutely was, Bots.  Just have to do it more often.  I tried to split things up between you two, but sometimes it was hard to do.  Really had to laugh a few times when we tried so hard to bang and kept missing.  Loved that little bash party at the end of Sc Fin, but I finally missed one of you and slid over the line.  Then Barbie and I drove around each other at the end of Br China.  Funny as all get out.

I'll look for you tomorrow night, and get those kids back in school for cryin' out loud... :P

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
Snooog, good racing you again earlier today.  Wish I'd been a little more competition, but not the right time.  Some good scores there...

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
Wow!  Ever have one of those days?  I had a chance to play a few times today during the day, and the whole day looked like I was playing with two right hands and no thumbs.

Started with Snooog about 10 this morning, but I thought it was because I'd just gotten up from a 3 hour nap.  Nope.  Just got off again and still like that.

Anyway, new runner named CHRIS in there that likes to run almost as fast as Metroid.  Two seconds from DQ'ing me on Sc Can with a bet on the new profile.  Can't score, but he can run.  Everybody left but he and I, and I cost him about 10K, but never could beat him to the line.

And, I got to race not only 'JoomX', but 'The One' both at the same time.  Was bad enough before racing against one of me, but now two?  And both of them in together.  Except the other 'The One' used all caps.

I think next time a few of us are in VC racing we should pick a name and all use it in a public room... ;D

Offline BIG AIR

• Somebody stop this thing!
  • somebody stop this thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
Joom,

FYI, I raced someone named KiidRio. He wasn't that good or fast, but he WAS skipping through the red bars. He did have a zero loss profile, but only 10 wins. Just a heads up.... maybe it was the same guy. And if it was, that might explain why he was beating you to the finish line.

BTW -  I'm just 5 wins away from 7000 wins!!!!!!
I'll be on shortly, but not at your usual time of 12-1am.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
Could have been them, BA.  When I raced them earlier they had 6 wins.

I can't get in for about a half hour, but I'll look for you then.  Hopefully I can be there for the big one.

And I'm thinking that either you're 'imajoke', or it's Top playing around. ;)  Almost gotta be a top 5 player, no less than top 10...

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »
Sorry Joom.... but I'm NO Joke! ;)
Although, I would like to race him. I NEED the competition! I can wait for a half hour if you can swing it. Busy summer. My schedule is making it necessary to get a GOOD night sleep every night lately.

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
I'll be on in about 25 minutes for my 7000th win. Just texted Snoooog. Maybe well have a half full room of regulars.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 09:46:41 PM »
10:20 (EST) I'll be in for sure.  I'll find you...

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
Joom,
Ill hook up the voice chat. Havent heard back from Snoooog. Be on at 10:15 pm est.

Oh, Is there an easy way to include a "reply button" on the current post. I have to scrool down 3-4 pages to do a quick reply. Just curious.

Offline Dynam0

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 09:57:56 PM »
OK I'll be in.

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 10:01:12 PM »
Oooohhhh, can't be in till 10:20EST.  But I'll be there and in VC.

No way to do a quick reply from a post.  The quick reply is always at the bottom of the screen directly after the last post on the page.  I should see about modding that, I guess...

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 04:52:51 AM »
I had some nice races with CATFISH, TopRace, and a few other newbies tonight.  TopRace actually beat me on one (although I hardly raced my best that time) and did really well on another (I just did better :D).  I was happy to finally get my wins up to exactly 2700!!
theJude's Backloggery

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 03:19:50 AM »
WOW, what a night of racing!!!  CATFISH, JOOM, noPALIN, WTF!!!!, and SNOOOOG all made appearances. :o

JOOM got his 3k-th win, which was cool.  It was funny because as I entering the room, JOOM was in the process of getting his 2999th win, and I immediately got excited.  However, in no way was I going to his 3k-th easy.  However, in the first race on Sc. Fiji, my performance was less than stellar and JOOM easily beat me, only to be beaten himself by CATFISH... and by like a margin of 1.  This put a huge grin on my face... clearly CATFISH was of the same mind I was.  The next race, P. Guatemala, I won easily, but JOOM didn't finish for some reason, so it wasn't really a moral victory.  Finally, on G. Mexico, JOOM finally managed to pick up his 3000th win (I blame my own crappy performance, as JOOM's win wasn't particularly convincing, but hey, a wins a win).  Afterwards while CATFISH and noPalin sat their like bumps on a log, I went through and flashed all my paint jobs to help JOOM celebrate.  Way to go guy, only 7000 more to go!

By the way, here's a fun fact: BIG AIR + JOOM = TopStar.  The math works out quite nicely. :D

Later, after JOOM left, WTF!!!! popped in and we had several close races where I beat him by about 1 point (I think he was getting frustrated, cause he couldn't seem to beat me).  We had a lot of good races though.

Finally SNOOOOG jumped in late in the game, and we only raced a couple, splitting them evenly.  Oh, and I checked his wins against mine... I'm ahead of him!  Well, for the time being anyways.  It's only by like 6 or so.
theJude's Backloggery

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »
Congrats, JOOM! Think you could make it to 4,000?

JOOM + BIG AIR = Me? Sorry, not in ExciteMath, care to explain this foreign math? :P

Online JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 03:41:22 AM »
Thanks, Top.  4,000?  Long as they keep the servers up I'll keep playing.  Don't know that I'd ever see 10,000, but as long as people are playing 4,000 will be along sooner or later.

And thanks, tJ.  I was on a lengthy support call and just figured I'd jump in for a while.  Most support calls are same old same old, so I always find something to do to kill time while I'm on them.  Long as it doesn't make any noise so they think they have my full attention.  I hadn't given any thought to the 3k thing, I normally don't check stats often.  When you went through the bots/colors thing I had no idea what was going on, so I did a little too.

That Sc Fiji race I got knocked off every combo on the first lap, pretty sorry showing.  Good to see CatFish get one, though, I'd been getting him pretty badly for quite a few before that.  I was hoping to do better there, but hit the first red bar with 92 instead of 135+.  P Guat I got more into the call and hit everything on the track, finally just went walk about to see what I could find.  G Mex I caught a couple trees and a rock, but did somehow finally end up with a 4xx base, didn't think that would be enough.

Some good races, wish I hadn't had to bail.  I should be done with this remote thing in a little bit and I'll check to see who's around by then.  Tomorrow is our anniversary, so I won't be in as much (if at all), so I have to get in a few more yet tonight - or this morning.  Gotta get started on that 4k... ;)

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »
Top,

Of all people, I can't believe that YOU didn't get this.

BIG AIR + Joom = TopStar
7000 + 3000 = 10,000

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
Top,

Of all people, I can't believe that YOU didn't get this.

BIG AIR + Joom = TopStar
7000 + 3000 = 10,000

:o ....my only excuse is I can't do math at 12am in the morning. :D *walks away quietly*

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »
Yeah, TopStar, I was really dissappointed that you couldn't figure that out.  I thought you were better than that. :(  At least BIG AIR is capable of doing simple math.  I tell you, what is becoming of the American education system?  It's no wonder the Chinese are kicking our butts.
theJude's Backloggery

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
Flash,
True.... Very True!!! DUBA was certainly called for on that one.