TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: The Phantom Schprocket  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Schprocket

• Skippy...Skippy.... Skippy the Bush Kangaroooooo
    • View Profile
The Phantom Schprocket
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »
Couldn't think of a more apt title for a guy with more hobbies than is probably healthy.

Which is a quick way of explaining why I become rather phantom-like - it's rare that anybody upsets me, so that's not why I disappear.
It's just that when 'new/shiny' comes along, for the moment, I'm distracted :)

So what's Schprocky been doing this last couple of months?

I've been:

* playing Goldeneye with J-man

* on a holiday about 500 miles or so north of here (which I have posted pics of elsewhere and will do so here... soonish). Watched some live NFL on the cable-channel in the hotel while the missus was having a sleep-in (Monday Night Football was showing on Tuesday morning here) and I think I'm starting to understand US 'football' and I actually enjoyed it.

* work was a biatch for a while and wasn't feeling too good to do much of anything - I think we started watching the Burn Notice series on DVD - but work's been sorted now

* thrashing Black-Ops on the Wii after much persuading by my two FPS-lovin' sons - and not doing too badly although will still get pwned by a team of 3rd+ prestige no-lifers

* and my wife's step-Mum, who she considers her Mum, passed away last week and the service is this afternoon so the last couple of weeks have been a little emotional although for me I think the worst day will be today.

My two boys may also be sorting out their PS3s so I may be jumping over to that platform for the odd game.
There's always the model railway that my Dad's working on which I'm helping him with from time to time.

And of course the recording - I owe a few people some vocals for their songs ::)  now you know why JooM and I are mates - I'm sure this 'attraction to everything' is in his blood too! :)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Re: The Phantom Schprocket
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
now you know why JooM and I are mates - I'm sure this 'attraction to everything' is in his blood too! :)

Absolutely, mate.  Too many hobbies, not enough play time.  Still, one has to try. ;)

Sorry to hear about the loss, it's never easy.  Our best to all of you during the time.

As for the rest, what we can when we can.  Definitely have to do more FPS stuff soon, just have to wait for a few things to heal up enough to work two handed controllers...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
  • You have located the RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
Definately sorry to hear about your loss of a family member Sprok and GOD Bless you and the family during this time hope to see you soon :)
RATROD THE OTHER HOTROD :P  :o  :P

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
Burn Notice is a great show, IMO. And I was playing Goldeneye and Ebots basically all day today, two of my favorite games. We need to play Goldeneye together sometime, and I can judge your FPS skills. :P

Offline Schprocket

• Skippy...Skippy.... Skippy the Bush Kangaroooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
Hiya Flash - yeah my FPS skills are sort of average - accidental flashes of brilliance amongst plentiful ordinance-attraction. :-)

Four days to BF3 !!!!

Now, I mentioned something about my holiday further back,  so here's the post they are, cut & pasted (and edited a little) from another forum, which explains why there's some strange names that you probably won't recognise... :)

Here are those things we fear having to suffer - somebody else's holidays snaps!

Yes, these are a few holiday photos taken during our trip to Kalbarri, which is about 650km north of where I live.

But first, some context by way of a map.

Below is a map of good old Oz, point A being where I live, Point B being where we spent nearly a week's holiday, and I've added the approximate locations of where all of the TTM Aussies live, to give a sense of how big this island is.

This set of photos is of the gorges, at a site known as Nature's Window, and is about 25 to 30 kms east of Kalbarri.
The gorges have been created by the Murchison River. The Murchison is 750km at it's longest when running and allegedly is fed from sources over an area which is about the size of Texas. Most of the time though, it's pretty much as you see in these pics.

We then went down the road a ways to check out the Ross Graham Lookout and to walk down to the river...

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
Liked the vacation/holiday pics Sprock.  I enjoy those type of trips.
Play to the room.

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
  • You have located the RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »
Beautiful pics Sprok I like the rock window one very cool 8)
RATROD THE OTHER HOTROD :P  :o  :P

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »
Great pics, S, always enjoy living vicariously through other people's holiday shots... ;) :P
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:29 AM »
Schprock,

I love the ruggedness of your land, and you photographed it well.

When looking at that map I was reminded that Tasmania is very close to Australia.  I was wondering if A. You've ever been there?  B. Does it look like any of the Tasmania tracks in Excitebots?  and C. Did you observe any insect/animal/sea-creature shaped robots with wheels racing, smashing, and/or doing tricks?  Seems like it'd be a pretty entertaining thing to watch. :D
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery