TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Regarding roommates and exes  (Read 1235 times)

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
Regarding roommates and exes
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
Some of you may have noticed my absence from the tracks, VC, and these forums the last week or two.  The reason: real life.

So, some of you may recall that I moved into a new apartment around last August/September.  Basically, I gained a roommate in exchange for significantly cheaper rent.  However, around January, I recieved a notice from the rental office saying I owed a bunch of money, even though I'd been paying my rent on time.  So, I called them up and asked them what the story was.  They weren't quite sure, but they said they'd go through payment history to see what was up.  Turns out, my roommate hadn't paid her share of the rent since last November.

When I confronted my roommate with this, she made up some crap about how I run up the electric bill and how I'm "costing her too much money".  She refuses to pay, meaning I'm stuck with the back-rent.  Because the office holds everybody on the lease equally for the rent, I'm still liable for this money (they can file an eviction on me as well, which is NOT something I, or anybody, wants).

So, I put in my 60-day notice at the end of January, meaning I have to be out of that apartment by March 31st... the search for a new roommate begins...

Meanwhile, as you guys also know, I recently got on facebook.  A friend of mine posted the music video for "Somebody I Used to Know" (good song, check it out), which reminded my of my ex.  So, on a whim, I decided to look her up and friend her.  She accepted it and soon I recieved an offer to be taken out for a meal, and given I never turn down the opportunity for a free meal, I accepted.

We did some catching up and I learned that she and her boyfriend of 5 years were splitting up.  Now, I wasn't necessarily eager to jump back into a relationship with her, given how things ended between us (she basically dumped me for some other guy).  However, we do have much in common and agreed to be friends.  Furthermore, given her boyfriend is moving out (he no longer stays there), she's offered to let me stay with her as a roommate.

So yeah, real life... funny how things work out sometimes...
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding roommates and exes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »
Sounds scary, tJ.  Good luck with it.  I'm more of a 'fool me once' kind of guy, but who knows...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Coyote

• Bring It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:32:12 AM »
I know I'm new around here and my opinion means, well . . . . nothing. But Jude, I'm with Joom. BE CAREFUL. This warning unfortunatley comes by the way of experience.
It is not the critic who counts . . . . . . . Theodore Roosevelt  -  1910

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys but as I said, I'm not all that eager to jump back into a relationship with her, nor is she.  There are reasons beyond the obvious one for this as well.  However, we do get along amazingly well, so I think existing as roommates is certainly reasonable.
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
Of course it is Jude, but if you have any notion what so ever about a relationship deeper than friends/roommates you are setting yourself up to be taken advantage of.  Sounds like she is looking for help paying rent as well and if you can be cool with WHOEVER she brings home, then I say "GO FOR IT!" but if you are hoping it might eventually lead to something more, it won't.  It didn't back then nor the 5 years she was with someone else and as "interested" as she might seem now, she won't be when her wounds are healed.  BE WARY and BE CAREFUL.

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »
 :o Life is crazy. Maybe if things don't work out you can room with one of the people here.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:23 PM »
Continued close proximity to someone you used to be close to without something happening is pretty rare.  There will almost always be a Thursday night, a good movie, and some reminiscing.  And........

But hey, like I said, who know...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Coyote

• Bring It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
Well, once that 1st electric bill shows up it's all over!!! :o :o ;) :D :D
It is not the critic who counts . . . . . . . Theodore Roosevelt  -  1910

Offline PJs

• Rubbing is racing!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »
Ride the wave! Whats the worst that could happen?  (find a new roomate)
Rubbing is racing!! :P