TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Cheaters on Silver Mexico  (Read 6393 times)

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
  • The bell has rung..take a seat!!
    • View Profile
Cheaters on Silver Mexico
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:06 AM »
Having to cheat the red bar on Silver Mexico makes me question some racers on this site. Is it because you can't win on your own that you have to cheat? Cheating is terrible and there is no honor in it. Why play the game if your going to cheat?

I know there are good racers on here and I can learn alot from those racers who finish the race properly.  For those who cheat I can only guess that they are insecure with themselves and need to bring the honorable racers (those who race properly) to there own level.

I just needed to get a few things off my chest and sorry to those who were actually trying to race the race. In my opinion, there is no room for cheaters and I have lost all respect for them.
Take a seat!

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
Re: Cheaters on Silver Mexico
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
I hope that this doesn't mean you are going to stop racing. Don't let that get to you, I have had much worse experiences. I lost 2 ZLPs to the same hacker. I know how you feel.

Don't stop racing, you are a good racer that can only get better. You have a lot of potential.

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:46:55 AM »
She didn't bet flash....and if you did skoolya I NEVER would have done that on purpose ...hadn't you seen all the talk about that course??  Wouldn't even think it would cross your mind to bet in that room with those racers.  Especially after all the beelining BEFORE that track...Man you guys are WAYYYYY to serious for me..
Stay...I was leaving anyways!   GEESH

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:33:35 AM »
Cheating is always a serious offense Barbie. You can get expelled/suspended from school for cheating, fired from a job for cheating, or removed from an organized sports team for cheating.

I realize this is just a game but cheating for a cheap thrill is ridiculous. Laughing about it, is like saying that what you did was okay. You're right, I didn't bet and I didn't lose my ZLP.

I don't understand why people have to cheat? It lowers yourself to a level that is disgusting and makes it hard to be a good role model to others.
Take a seat!

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »
So let me think about this. They did the whole skip red bar thing on SM, and DQ'ed you and you got P.O. about it. That's what I'm thinking what happened. In my opinion I would NEVER do that unless I needed to finish. Like if Lollers was in and tried to DQ me while I bet. Then that's a reason to do it. But to do it in a race versus eachother that really isn't fare! Unless it was a b-lining race...
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »
No skoolya, attitudes and alcohol are what make people disgusting.  In case you forgot, I DIDN'T win that race.  But I will make you a promise, racing ME isn't something YOU or KC will ever have to worry about again even after my return. 

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
And Cody...been incognito many times to see you try and beeline ZLP's so dude stop chiming in with "I would never..."
And Skoolya, if you do beat me its because I LET you because I DON'T CARE!  See, last night me and other racers were having FUN.  Try it sometime.

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
Retract your claws there Bessie! Things will be alright. I promise, you stay in your corner of the world and I'll stay in mine.

I know you can beat me and I never claimed otherwise.  I know that when I do beat you it will be legitimate. I won't have to resort to cheating. I have seen the posts about the red bar on silver mexico however, I never thought a vet would use it against another member out of spite.

But now after I have slept on this issue, it isn't worth my time and energy fighting about it. Say what insults you have left and I'll leave it at that. I don' t know what alcohol has to do with this because I don't drink. The attitude, yes has been bad on both sides.

If you truely are "leaving" then good luck to you. I don't care one way or the other because I'll still be here when you return. It is better if we don't associate on the tracks so that something like this doesn't ever happen again.   
Take a seat!

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
Hey it's been a long time since I've tried DQ'ing anyones ZLP. I could have done it multiple times vs. Flash on my brothers profile. Did I no. Besides why I would have to do that when I can beat people staright up? Instead of DQ'ing them. I really don't care about this whole thing just thought I'd get my opinion about this thing. And I'd never skip a red bar online unless it was a case where I needed to finsish! *leaves topic*
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline Coyote

• Bring It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
Just speaking for me, I had a great time last night.....No one was betting and I thought we were all just goofing around.

Throwing bombs on Gold Guat -
Amassing as many bot smash points as possible, especially on Plat China w/Barbie -
Seeing if I could finish using my regular line on Silv Mex KNOWING that Barbie was using the Queen Bee Secret Weapon -  (Although we need a redo Barbie.....I crashed way to many times)!

Looking forward to racing all of you in the future.
It is not the critic who counts . . . . . . . Theodore Roosevelt  -  1910

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
I didn't really want to get involved too much(even though I love to argue) :P, but I don't want members leaving the site over an arguement that is, and I will say it, STUPID. My arguement is going to sound one sided, but it isn't because I like one member over the other. 

Barbie, you attacked Casey as a person last night and you know you didi. there is no way around it. I have had countless hours of Mumble time with him and I know when he has/has not been drinking. (Ususally if he is drinking alot he ends up snorring :P)But really, you did attack him and tried to hurt him when you did, even after I left Mumble. Sure I laughed at the situation for a little bit but I didn't take I any further. You ket going an going and going, and when we thought that was done what did you do? You kept going. Did his long moment of silence not give you a hint to how he felt?

As for the Silver Mexico incident, I think that this is not nearly s big a deal. I do think, however, that you could use some common sense(which is so rare nowadays) and say "Hey, SkoolYa is a new racer. Maybe I shouldn't beeline to the finish, and maybe I should let her get better." I bet you didn't even think about that. Now before you say "Flash,you were going to skip the bar too!" Yes, I was. But did I? No, partially because I can't with the roach and partially because I didn't have the heart to DQ people like SkoolYa and Coyote. 

So in my eyes, this whole thing is just a mess. And I feel bad for whoever gets pulled into this next, and with that said, I'm done with the conversation. You grown ADULTS can either forgive and forget or be little girls and hold a grudge for the rest of your life. I know I wouldn't want that burden, so the choice is easy for me.

Offline BIG AIR

• Somebody stop this thing!
  • somebody stop this thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
Oh, how I told myself not get involved with this.

Before I say what I'm going to say... I just want to state that I have NO IDEA what all was said to whomever on Mumble. And it sounds like a lot was said that the participants wish they could take back. I'm mainly going to address the racing conditions from last night... in particular, Silver Mexico.

The TGC site has been a buzz with this new "walker-skipping red bar" TRICK. Many of us have been testing & experimenting this technique on quite a few courses. So this ISSUE is prominent and current. I personally would have anticipated SOMEONE trying it on a real online race, Period.  It's gonna happen. And will probably happen again. Once this kind of information gets out, it's like pandora's box..... you're not going to put it back. So, now it's out there. It can be used for good, fun or negative purposes. But THIS trick is far more powerful than say, the short cut on Bronze Scotland. I personally wish we NEVER would have found this glitch in the programming. NOW, there will always be the potential for ANYONE to cause havoc to all betting racers, specifically ZLP attempts.

Now, about Barbie. Barbie is a great racer that's been here since forever. She has proved herself as a veteran racer and great poker player. For a long time now, Barbie has had the reputation as the "cut up". She's the first to ambush you for a bot smash, or clip your wings in mid combo jump flight. She'd rather mess around than race at a "serious" level anymore. That's how she still has fun with this old game.

So, if you add up the current popularity of the Red-Bar-Skip-Trick and Barbie's reputation..... It is elementary to assume that Barbie will "mess" with someone using this new "option". Now if ANYONE would have bet (with the exception of a newbie with a decent amount of losses) and Barbie was really attempting to "take them out".... then I'd say that was immoral. BUT since Flash and Skool Ya didn't bet... then there was NO reason for Skool Ya to react the way she did. Was it irritating for Barbie to have done that?.... Heck Yes!!! But I would NOT say: Hacker, Cheater, Immoral, or anything to that affect.

Skool Ya said: "I know there are good racers on here and I can learn alot from those racers..."

This is very true..... I learned from past experience that you shouldn't take anything for granted, that my definition of finishing a race "properly" is drastically different for each racer, that when attempting a ZLP you should ALWAYS err on the side of caution, and most importantly, that you should ALWAYS keep an eye on that lead racer.

"I" did keep an eye on that lead racer last night on Silver Mexico. I was the only one that did NOT get DQed and beat Barbie because she was no where is sight when I got to the FIRST red bar.

I know it will be hard for Barbie or Skool Ya to swallow their pride after all the unmerited things that were said. But I hope they both take some time to cool out and enjoy this game again soon. Barbie is taking a break for a while so maybe in the days to come Skool Ya AND/OR Barbie may get a PM that will make all this foolishness a moot issue. (hint hint)

Love, Peace, Race...
BIG AIR  ;)

Offline Coyote

• Bring It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear there was an issue in mumble last night.....I didn't realize. I thought the problem was about skipping the redbar on Silver Mexico only...Which to me is more of a discovered glitch. Not hacking the game.
I enjoyed watching TopStars video and seeing Barbie's fastest time pic and even tried out the line myself in Excite.

Since I was on the tracks but not in mumble all I can say is we've already lost some good racers recently and I sure hope we don't lose more....
It is not the critic who counts . . . . . . . Theodore Roosevelt  -  1910

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »
Big, you nailed it, but that isn't the major issue.  ::)

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57:04 PM »

Oh Lord. Do I dare ask what the "major" issue is?  ???

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »
Alright peoples lets "let this go". Everyone has their own opinion on the topic and even though some may agree there are others who don't. I'm at peace with that and I hope everyone else can be too. Big is right, this whole skipping the red bar is a can of worms that has been opened and can not be resealed. I just ask people to race their races as best to their abilities.
Take a seat!

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. He definitely nailed at least the majority of the issue.

As for my opinion...let it go and keep racing. I've been in numerous disputes with past/present forum goers and all of them I don't hold any grudges with. I sleep it off and just go back to playing the game I enjoy playing.

I'm aware there were nasty words exchanged last night in Mumble but take some time, cool off, and just go back to racing. Forgive and forget is something you might think is easier said than done but given the right attitude and mindset, it can be done. Life is easier without grudges/hate.

I do like that you're letting the issue go SkoolYa and I'm hoping Barbie will too. I hope to see you on the tracks SkoolYa and you too Barbie when you return.

Offline Barbie68

• Queen BEEliner
  • JESUS IS LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:13 PM »
I must point out the irony to this entire situation.. the thing in mumble all started because Agentc kept complaining and getting angry at skoolya for her beelining and I came to HER defense and was telling him to hush which began the arguement between he and I.and immediatly sch Mexico was chosen and roaring with laughter I said "And guess what I am going to do KC? BEELINE" I mean seriously?  After all this talk and 5 FRIENDS in a room..of course we were gonna do it.  Even flash TRIED but crashed and burned and then found his "heart".  After the race Kc said "well I guess you taught her a lesson about beelining"  And the next thing I know I am getting reamed by skoolya for "cheating".  So Casey..I am sorry and take it ALL back.

Offline PJs

• Rubbing is racing!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »
With great power bring's great responsibility! (Ben Parker) SPIDER MAN! I wasn't a part of silver mexico, But I agree with Scoolya, Barbie and Big! Hacker's cheat! They cheat bye flying,messing with the timer,kicking you off and going through the red bar! We have watched this done to us too many times! The only reason for any of us to use this is if every ones OK with it and its a planed B-LINE race! Or if a Hacker jump's in and you have no choice. I love this game! I hardly ever get to play anymore I havn't pushed to play because of all the hacking lately! But none the less we put these couple cources out there! What did everyone think was going to happen? I rescept all you guys in my own way, Barbie I'll see you when you get back! don't stay gone long! I'll cry! Scoolya keep learning! AC your cool! FLASH your fast! BIG your AIRSUPPORT! LOL!!!
Rubbing is racing!! :P

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »
You can do that?!?!? :o. well, I would do it offline just for fun, but not online, unless it's with you guys and I'm just messing around and not trying to win the race. Still, if it's not cool with you, I'm fine. I'm not a serious gamer

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
Yep you can skip the red bar in Silver Mexico, Bronze Scotland, and Platinum Fiji.

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
Hyper,

Casey is Agent C's name.

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:37 AM »
Top,
Did I miss something? Bronze Scotland too!! ::)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
Top,
Did I miss something? Bronze Scotland too!! ::)

Apparently...it was brought up in that same skipping red bar thread.

Offline Copper

• The Emperor
  • Lightning
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
Yep you can skip the red bar in Silver Mexico, Bronze Scotland, and Platinum Fiji.
Top your forgot Bronze Kili Bronze China  Silver Egypt
I just love Friday's with a lobster+Excitebots Trick Racing

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
Top your forgot Bronze Kili Bronze China  Silver Egypt

At the time I posted that, those red bar skips weren't discovered yet.

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Here we go again!! I come online to race a few and what do I find Rip It skipping the red bar on Silver Mexico.  I had to leave after seeing that bull****. Still not sure why this necessary. Guess this racer isn't good enough to play the game they way it was meant to be played. 

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:16:07 PM by SkoolYa »
Take a seat!

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »
I was Rip It SkoolYa, and I did skip when I never do but I do have some reasons. I have not played Ebots in around 2 weeks and the only people I managed to find were CoprHed, My Way, and NickNac bee-lining everything. After that terrible welcome back I had to do something to get back at them, which isn't usually me, but I'm sick and tired of it. Plenty of people can vouch for me and say that I would never DQ a ZLP on purpose, let alone someone who doesn't deserve it, so obviously this has pushed my buttons.

As board members, who are clearly aware of what ZLP's are, they should be smart enough to know that Rip It isn't some random ZLP (You had to know I was a board member). So why in the world would you skip red bars and bee-line everything knowing that a ZLP was at stake? Common sense can tell you not to do that.

The sad part is, I don't think it would have mattered if my name was FLASH or Rip It.

Cody, I'm sorry I didn't get to race you more than I did. I did enjoy the few that weren't ruined.

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
On a side note, there are reasons why I have been keeping my distance from the site and I don't think I will be on much anymore.

Offline SkoolYa

• Silence!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »
Flash, I understand your reasons for skipping the red bar. I knew Rip It was from the site which is why I posted what I saw take place on that race. I know the people you were racing can be irritating beeliners however, I never would have thought they would have knowingly try to kill your ZLP.

Copr thinks it is cool to skip the red bars and since he so young I'm not really sure how to approach the subject with him. Anyway, maybe he will learn that it is NOT OK to do that to people on the site [people with ZLPs].
Take a seat!

Offline No Good

• bad cicada
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »
CoprHed, My Way, and NickNac bee-lining everything.

Simply false. From my (way's) vantage point:

• using a name like RipIt encourages others to speed
  • the RipIt ZLP was never at risk while I was there
  • RipIt was the only player in the room to skip a red bar

I only stuck around those few extra races to see what you two ZLPs were going to do with regard to betting.

Offline RATROD

• CRASHER/RACER
  • You have located the RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »
On a side note, there are reasons why I have been keeping my distance from the site and I don't think I will be on much anymore.
I feel the same way Flash i'm so glad I get to leave the lower 48 for Alaska next week,because of a certain few that are spoiling the game for many is why I have'nt played much lately myself.
RATROD THE OTHER HOTROD :P  :o  :P

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
NoGood, I have to call you out.

1-You guys did beeline everything.
2-My name was influenced not by speed, but by the new baseball bat I got for Christmas. If you are influenced by a name to go fast even though I farmed every course, notta so smart.
3-That is false, Copper skipped the red bar on Bz Killi.
4-Copper definitly put mine and Cody's ZLP in danger.

How you can say otherwise is beyond me.

Offline No Good

• bad cicada
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »
How you can say otherwise is beyond me.

Because I was there. How you can win every race by over 100 stars or more, then come online and whine about it...is beyond me.

My online time lately has mostly been in support of Copr. I feel for the newer/younger players coming on for a little fun, only to get annihilated by veteran players. The offline racing does little to prepare them for the online racing, and teaches them to use speed as a means of accomplishing their goals.

Frankly, when a room of players doesn't stall the room or hack, I am quite satisfied and grateful for the experience. The stallers/hackers are another matter.

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »
I didn't complain about winning, I complained that a board member would recognize a ZLP and not care.

As for the offline thing, I guess the S ranking does encourage speed right? Because all rookies can go bee-line and get an S ranking.