TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Yet Another Rant...  (Read 2528 times)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
Yet Another Rant...
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
I raced Silver Finland with Flash and Joom last night. Joom lost connection mid race so it was just Flash and myself farming it up. I messed up numerous combos but first place bonus saved me, 441-431 victory. Next race it was just FLASH and me. He picks Bronze Kilimanjaro (Hmm...) and I just pick random. Random selects Silver Finland again. I didn't want to spend time farming that again so I went ahead and beelined it (understandable right?) I finished and disqualified FLASH. I figured he'd get the hint that I was almost about to lap him when I finished but instead he proceeded to bash my bot for the 30 second timer and give me a negative karma after Joom cleaned it up. He didn't even want to race me.

I guess I'm the bad guy. I'm pretty sure SNOOOOG has done this sort of thing many times and I never see FLASH crying about it but that's just a hunch.

Needed to get that rant out there.

Offline BIG AIR

• Somebody stop this thing!
  • somebody stop this thing
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Rant...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
3 solutions.

1. Only give negative karma if you bet and someone beelines.
2. If same course gets selected numerous times. Hit ready and make a drink or get a breath of fresh air. U may also  be late returning so that others that MAY be selecting "said" course will get the hint.
3. After 3 course repeats..... To prepared for anything.

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
Oh! What if you don't mean to beeline it (im guessing beeline is finish the race as fast as possible). One time I think TopStar bet 2500 and I finished too fast and got everyone but Battletanx disqualified. I don't want negative karma!  :(

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
I HOPE you're not the one that Killed TopZero!!!! ??? :'(

Was it on Gold Scotland?

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »
Oh! What if you don't mean to beeline it (im guessing beeline is finish the race as fast as possible). One time I think TopStar bet 2500 and I finished too fast and got everyone but Battletanx disqualified. I don't want negative karma!  :(

I HOPE you're not the one that Killed TopZero!!!! ??? :'(

Was it on Gold Scotland?

If BTC was there then it wasn't my ZLP. Though....I haven't lost a bet on TopStar since I got my 9s (Apr 2010) so it might have been an imposter TopStar, Hyper...

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
If BTC was there then it wasn't my ZLP. Though....I haven't lost a bet on TopStar since I got my 9s (Apr 2010) so it might have been an imposter TopStar, Hyper...

TopStar,
 So that's a good thing? Imposter could've been in a Fwal race on youtube! How much do you dislike having many people named Imposter trying to rename themselves "TopStar" when that name was already taken by somebody? They must be so jealous that they act like TopStar, but they can't live a happy life that way. Does that mean you don't remember SmiSyko because every time I thought I raced TopStar it was actually Imposter?!? I really dislike it when people named Imposter try to take TopStar's name. But why do they only pick TopStar? Is it because they want to be the top star? I don't think TopStar is actually the top star, nobody is, because you people both lose and beat each other all the time! I don't want to be mean, but I think Imposter is a rant
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:14:41 PM by HyperMite »

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
I don't think TopStar is actually the top star, nobody is, because you people both lose and beat each other all the time!
Hyper, it hasn't always been that way. Retirement, un-retirement and secrets in the videos have made that possible.
BTW - The more popular racers have ALL had numerous imposters. I take it as a compliment.

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
Hyper, it hasn't always been that way. Retirement, un-retirement and secrets in the videos have made that possible.
BTW - The more popular racers have ALL had numerous imposters. I take it as a compliment.

So TopStar was the Top Star? That explains he used to be the only one who got 400☆ +. XD Back before I even thought about hacking when I was littler and he beat me as I got 150☆ I used to think to myself "Awww what? This guy's cheating! He must be a hacker!" XD Now, we're a community! Ahh, they seem like good times when you think back.

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
Let me re-phrase that.

Only the BEST racers have been able to beat Top occasionally..... and recently.

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:07:53 PM »
We all have been accused of cheating... but hey, when you're new..... that's what it looks like. They just can't CONCEIVE legitimately getting THOSE kind of scores.

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
Let me re-phrase that.

Only the BEST racers have been able to beat Top occasionally..... and recently.

OOH! OOH! I beat TopStar Imposter before! Does that count?

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
We all have been accused of cheating... but hey, when you're new..... that's what it looks like. They just can't CONCEIVE legitimately getting THOSE kind of scores.
I don't think that I have honestly, which is really weird.  :-\

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
Bet you have hundreds of times, Flash...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »

Flash, I was referring to the few new arrivals to the TGC. Many times they've asked if we hack or cheat. So it was not necessarily directed at any ONE individual racer.

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
Umm. I do kind of think that instead of just doing those secret stuff (Im not sure if I should say) and not trying to win the race in a good place. I think the objective is to get as high score possible while still aiming for a good finishing place. That's how I play at least, but soon I'm probably going to finish last a lot XD! However. SOME people manage to win 3rd place or above, which would be how I play, but they manage to get 2x more points than me

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
Hyper,
Most courses allow you to finish last if you farm it up good. But many courses are still very dependent on placement.... although that is starting to change. I too think you will eventually not worry AT ALL about your position..... just in THE CLOCK.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »

Bet you have hundreds of times, Flash...

I can guarantee there are many 5 to 6 year old newbies that have taped a picture of the superhero FLASH to their plastic dart boards and threw darts right at you (with their parents permission of course.)

Offline BIG AIR

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
He He He ;D :P :P :P :P

Come to think of it.... my youngest son still HAS his Flash picture up.......
....pinned up that is..... on our bow and arrow target outside. :-*

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »

TopStar,
 So that's a good thing? Imposter could've been in a Fwal race on youtube! How much do you dislike having many people named Imposter trying to rename themselves "TopStar" when that name was already taken by somebody? They must be so jealous that they act like TopStar, but they can't live a happy life that way. Does that mean you don't remember SmiSyko because every time I thought I raced TopStar it was actually Imposter?!? I really dislike it when people named Imposter try to take TopStar's name. But why do they only pick TopStar? Is it because they want to be the top star? I don't think TopStar is actually the top star, nobody is, because you people both lose and beat each other all the time! I don't want to be mean, but I think Imposter is a rant

So TopStar was the Top Star? That explains he used to be the only one who got 400☆ +. XD Back before I even thought about hacking when I was littler and he beat me as I got 150☆ I used to think to myself "Awww what? This guy's cheating! He must be a hacker!" XD Now, we're a community! Ahh, they seem like good times when you think back.

I get joy out of seeing impostors of my name. It really shows the impact I've caused. :P BiGsTaR will always be my favorite impostor, he's the one that stuck around the longest out of them all. Don't think he races anymore though...

BIG AIR pretty much said it. My long absence from the tracks in 2011 followed by the recent new farming lines being developed AND being released to YouTube has caused the competition to be evening out. Before all that there was very few racers that could stop me from taking 1st. Initially I hated the idea of giving away all my creative work I've done for this game only to get players beating me with my own stuff in return but I honestly love the heavy and close competition there is now compared to that in 2010. It's more thrilling to win or lose by a few stars than it is to win by 100+ (though that's always nice, especially if it is against BIG AIR or another soild vet...:P)

I could always rename myself StatPro if TopStar is not good enough for ya. :P It uses the same letters afterall.  8)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
BTW Hyper,

If you wanted to learn more about the stuff that's happened in the community back in the day, my personal ExciteBots journey blog will detail a large part of it all. You could always check out the GameFAQs board for more history.

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »
That's cool! How often am I online? Too often or not enough or normal?

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 12:59:47 AM »
He He He ;D :P :P :P :P

Come to think of it.... my youngest son still HAS his Flash picture up.......
....pinned up that is..... on our bow and arrow target outside. :-*

I can guarantee there are many 5 to 6 year old newbies that have taped a picture of the superhero FLASH to their plastic dart boards and threw darts right at you (with their parents permission of course.)
Not feeling the love.  :'(