TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 8680 times)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
NFL
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
I thought I would start a thread about the NFL so we don't have to blow up the shoutbox on Sundays and so on. :) We can use it next year as well.

Nice new avatar TopStar! Maybe I should make myself one also. I also liked the picture of the birds in a battle with the Seahawk winning. Let's just hope that is the case on Sunday*. :P

Top, the 49ers didn't get in your way. It was our destiny to get the #2 seed for a second year in a row. 8) I will be rooting hard for those Hawks come Sunday and you know the reason why. *If the Niners lose Saturday night, I will be going for Atlanta. :) I can't believe the game comes on at 10am your time Top! :o

In the AFC, I will be going for Denver and Houston. Sorry Flash! ;)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
Re: NFL
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
I thought I would start a thread about the NFL so we don't have to blow up the shoutbox on Sundays and so on. :) We can use it next year as well.

Nice new avatar TopStar! Maybe I should make myself one also. I also liked the picture of the birds in a battle with the Seahawk winning. Let's just hope that is the case on Sunday*. :P

Top, the 49ers didn't get in your way. It was our destiny to get the #2 seed for a second year in a row. 8) I will be rooting hard for those Hawks come Sunday and you know the reason why. *If the Niners lose Saturday night, I will be going for Atlanta. :) I can't believe the game comes on at 10am your time Top! :o

In the AFC, I will be going for Denver and Houston. Sorry Flash! ;)

I thought this was what you were creating. :P Yes the 49ers did get in our way. Three things had to happen during Week 17. Packers had to lose, Seahawks had to win, and the 49ers had to lose. 2/3 of those happened. I guess you could argue that it was the Cardinals fault but idc, SOMEBODY in our division had to get the blame. ;D

I'm excited for whomever the Seahawks will face upon a victory over the Falcons. Green bay will be a good game, it'll give the hawks a chance to prove they don't need replacement refs to win. 49ers will be good because of the divison rivalry as well as our little rivalry AC. 8) I do want to point out though AC that the 49ers have lost 8 of their last 9 matches against GB. The good news though, they won earlier this season so who knows what will go down Saturday.

As for the Falcons, I'm hoping Russel Wilson can help his team into the NFC Championship. He'll be the 5th Rookie QB to start a championship game (Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, and Shaun King have done it.) and even better yet, be the first QB to start and maybe win the Super Bowl. We'll have to see.

My entire family is from Steelers nation so if Wilson can get farther than what Roethlisberger could do in his rookie year, I'll have something to brag about. I had no problems with the Steelers until XL and I'm surprised I haven't been disowned yet. :P

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this weekend. 10am? Doesn't bother me. :)) Football is always on at 10am/1pm/5pm on the Best coast. ;)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:23:57 PM »
Plain and simple Falcons win the Superbowl and Matt Ryan gets MVP of the year! If they already haven't decided that...

So Agent C, if the 49ners lose, you would want the Atlanta to win. But if 49ners win, you want Seattle to win. Is it because, for a rematch?
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
Plain and simple Falcons win the Superbowl and Matt Ryan gets MVP of the year! If they already haven't decided that...

So Agent C, if the 49ners lose, you would want the Atlanta to win. But if 49ners win, you want Seattle to win. Is it because, for a rematch?

That awkward moment when Russel Wilson has more playoff wins than Matt Ryan. :P

Agent C wants a rematch...and home field advantage.

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »
Go ahead and have your debates over the NFC. I can't wait to see the Pats win the Super Bowl.  8)

As much as you guys may hate to admit it, the Patriots are very capable of beating any NFC team.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:47 AM »
FLASH - Patriots
Agent C - 49ers
TopStar - Seahawks
CodyRs - Falcons

This should be an interesting weekend.

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:08 PM »
I thought this was what you were creating. :P Yes the 49ers did get in our way. Three things had to happen during Week 17. Packers had to lose, Seahawks had to win, and the 49ers had to lose. 2/3 of those happened. I guess you could argue that it was the Cardinals fault but idc, SOMEBODY in our division had to get the blame. ;D

I'm excited for whomever the Seahawks will face upon a victory over the Falcons. Green bay will be a good game, it'll give the hawks a chance to prove they don't need replacement refs to win. 49ers will be good because of the divison rivalry as well as our little rivalry AC. 8) I do want to point out though AC that the 49ers have lost 8 of their last 9 matches against GB. The good news though, they won earlier this season so who knows what will go down Saturday.

As for the Falcons, I'm hoping Russel Wilson can help his team into the NFC Championship. He'll be the 5th Rookie QB to start a championship game (Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, and Shaun King have done it.) and even better yet, be the first QB to start and maybe win the Super Bowl. We'll have to see.

My entire family is from Steelers nation so if Wilson can get farther than what Roethlisberger could do in his rookie year, I'll have something to brag about. I had no problems with the Steelers until XL and I'm surprised I haven't been disowned yet. :P

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this weekend. 10am? Doesn't bother me. :)) Football is always on at 10am/1pm/5pm on the Best coast. ;)

Yes, I kinda miss the old days when your Seahawks were in the AFC West and the Cardinals were in the NFC East. However, I don't miss playing the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons twice a year. ::)

I remember that MNF game with the replacement refs, a very controversial win TopStar. :-X The Packers have always been good against the 49ers and that is why they are 4-1 against us on the playoffs. >:( So I am very worried. Top, you should know that the Hawks are 2-8 on the road in the playoffs. :o

I remember Super Bowl XL, I was for sure going for the Seahawks then. Steelers....ewww 8) That was their one and only Super Bowl, hey at least you can say the Hawks are the only team to play in both the NFC and AFC Championships. ;)

Best coast? That is up for debate at another time. ::) ;D

Agent C wants a rematch...and home field advantage.

Yes, that is all correct. The main reason is the home field, plus I don't have anything against Atlanta. Unlike teams like the Packers, Cowboys, and Giants. They always beat the 49ers. :( Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens I dislike in the AFC.

Go ahead and have your debates over the NFC. I can't wait to see the Pats win the Super Bowl.  8)

As much as you guys may hate to admit it, the Patriots are very capable of beating any NFC team.

The Patriots won't have to worry about playing a NFC team in the Super Bowl because they will lose to.......[spoiler]Manning and the Denver Broncos  :D[/spoiler]

FLASH - Patriots
Agent C - 49ers
TopStar - Seahawks
CodyRs - Falcons

This should be an interesting weekend.

Indeed, it will be. :)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
Yep, 2-8 away in the playoffs but we won our most recent one so this season could be a turning point for that statistic. It scared when I read online that the Falcons have a home record of 33-7 under Matt Ryan. However, two of those losses came from their last playoff appearances. ;D

Sorry Flash but I'm going to side with AC here...the Patriots can probably get past the Texans but the Broncos...good luck. :)) [spoiler]The cool thing about both those teams, the Seahawks beat them both this season. Yeah, the Broncos happened waaay back in preseason and a lot has changed since then but hey, I'm counting it. :P[/spoiler]

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Also, I've been looking up memes for the Seahawks and this was one of the ones I found hilarious. :))

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
Hah, you guys severly under estimate the Patriots. Say what you will, and I will be watching.

P.S.- Brady has better stats than Manning and a better offense. Brady is under credited, but he is better than Manning(even though he is good)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »
If Atlanta doesn't win it, I'd hope for the NE Pats.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
So looking at NFL.com, the 18 analysts predictions are divided as such:

18 for Broncos, 0 for Ravens
12 for Packers, 6 for 49ers (Dun dun dun!)
11 for Seahawks, 7 for Falcons (Sweet)
18 for Patriots, 0 for Texans

Tomorrow is the big day for the 49ers, AC. You're team isn't going to let a bunch of cheese heads win, are they AC? DUN DUN DUN.....!

I like that I'll be seeing who the Seahawks will be facing upon the victory over the Falcons before they play. ;D

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 06:13:04 PM »
So looking at NFL.com, the 18 analysts predictions are divided as such:

18 for Broncos, 0 for Ravens
12 for Packers, 6 for 49ers (Dun dun dun!)
18 for Patriots, 0 for Texans

Tomorrow is the big day for the 49ers, AC. You're team isn't going to let a bunch of cheese heads win, are they AC? DUN DUN DUN.....!

I like that I'll be seeing who the Seahawks will be facing upon the victory over the Falcons before they play. ;D

So, the smack talk starts early huh TopStar. ;D I am very excited for tomorrow and nervous at the same time. I can't believe not one analyst picked the Texans or Ravens, anything can happen in football. You sure sound certain that the Falcons are going down. We shall see.

Green Bay has always played great against the 49ers, so I am very concerned. :(

I like the fact that if the 49ers win tomorrow night, I get to sit back and watch you worry on Sunday. 8)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
I like the fact that if the 49ers lose tomorrow night, you'll still be rooting for the Seahawks, right? ;D

Your game is the battle of the ovals and mine is the battle of the raptors! :P

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »

That's what they think. ;) ::)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
I like the fact that if the 49ers lose tomorrow night, you'll still be rooting for the Seahawks, right? ;D

That would be a negative. :-X I'll be team Falcons if the Niners lose tonight.

Only three hours until the Broncos-Ravens game! 8)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51:53 PM »
That would be a negative. :-X I'll be team Falcons if the Niners lose tonight.

Only three hours until the Broncos-Ravens game! 8)

And if the Falcons lose you'll be team Packers? :P

You'd be rooting for the team that ruined your team's journey to the SB! :o :o

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
And if the Falcons lose you'll be team Packers? :P

You'd be rooting for the team that ruined your team's journey to the SB! :o :o

No, maybe you don't understand how much I dislike Green Bay. >:( If the 49ers lose, I'll be rooting for a Denver/Houston versus Atlanta/Seattle Super Bowl.

If the Hawks win it all, it could be a good thing for the NFC West. It would get our division some respect. 8)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
21-21 at halftime for the Broncos and Ravens. Tight game. :o

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
21-21 at halftime for the Broncos and Ravens. Tight game. :o

Yes it is a tight game Top! :o The Ravens have surprised me for sure. What about Holliday running back a second kick for a touchdown!  :o

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »
And the Ravens win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
Double Overtime....man, what a game. :o :o

Now the 49ers and Packers are tied...will this be another back & forth touchdown game?

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
That was pretty cool, I'm glad the Broncos didn't win...Well just say that I can't believe they got a rid of Tim Tebow then got Peyton Manning...That irritated me! >:(

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »
Well Agent C, you may be rooting for the Seahawks tomorrow but from this point forward, I'm 100% Anti-49ers.  :-X

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »
The weakest team in the playoffs right now is the Sea Hawks. I don't even have to be anti Sea Hawks.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
The weakest team in the playoffs right now is the Sea Hawks. I don't even have to be anti Sea Hawks.

Seahawks win, Patriots lose.

That'll make for a great Sunday. 8)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »
Well Agent C, you may be rooting for the Seahawks tomorrow but from this point forward, I'm 100% Anti-49ers.  :-X

Why anti-49ers Top? Are you scared to come to the bay? 8) Like I said earlier, I get to sit back and watch tomorrow in total comfort. :) Good luck.

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »
Why anti-49ers Top? Are you scared to come to the bay? 8) Like I said earlier, I get to sit back and watch tomorrow in total comfort. :) Good luck.

Not scared. From this point forward, I can't root or even accept your team winning.

[spoiler]...because the Seahawks will be headed your way.[/spoiler]

Looking forward to tomorrow. Glad the game comes on at 10am, I can't wait. ;D

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:22 PM »
Seahawks win, Patriots lose.

That'll make for a great Sunday. 8)
Looks like tomorrow will be rough for you then.  ;)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:30 AM »
Not scared. From this point forward, I can't root or even accept your team winning.

[spoiler]...because the Seahawks will be headed your way.[/spoiler]

Looking forward to tomorrow. Glad the game comes on at 10am, I can't wait. ;D
That is if they can beat the Atlanta Falcons.  ;)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »
Fun fact I just learned:

The Falcons lost their last 3 playoff appearances, each by a team that proceeded to the Super Bowl.

;D

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »
Fun Fact:

The SeaHawks have only been in one Superbowl and they lost to the Steelers!

;) ;D

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »
Fun fact I just learned:

The Falcons lost their last 3 playoff appearances, each by a team that proceeded to the Super Bowl.

;D
Not gonna happen this year! 8)

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
Fun Fact:

The SeaHawks have only been in one Superbowl and they lost to the Steelers!

;) ;D

GASP. You didn't just go there. >:(

[spoiler]Fun Fact: The Patriots lost their last two Super Bowl appearances. ;D[/spoiler]

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 12:25:42 AM »
Atleast the Seahawks lost to a good team. Unlike last year, when the Pats lost to the ridiculous Giants.  >:(