TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Submit Games?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
Submit Games?
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
Gamemaker is a very simple, easy to use game writing program and anyone is capable of creating a good game, perhaps even a 3d game like a 1st person shooter I'm making (also haven't worked on for a while because of school). Am I allowed to submit any games to add in the arcade?

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Re: Submit Games?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:45 AM »
GameMaker is a nice little program, Hype.  YoYo Games has brought it a long way since they bought the rights from Mark way back when.  And it does a good job making pseudo 3D games.  One of my sons still uses it quite a bit.

The arcade is all Flash based, but if you have the HTML 5 module I'd be glad to set up space to host your game here on the site...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »
Do you use .swf files as game files also? If you use .swf files, I can get some pretty good games for the arcade.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:58 AM »
If you like I can get you a game install file, Hype.  They're ZIPed install files.  Might work as an example...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
A self extracting file that is under the extension .exe? Anyway, please give me an example so I can see what it is

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »
A self extracting file that is under the extension .exe? Anyway, please give me an example so I can see what it is

No EXE's, Hype.  All game files must be zipped to either a ZIP or TAR file to be installed in the arcade.  The file attached is a multi-game install file, so you have more than one example.

Also, there are database issues to take care of if the game is going to tracks scores from player to player.  If it isn't going to tracks scores, then it's a pretty simple process...

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
Oh okay so it is basically a .swf of the game and a .gif icon that is 60 x 660 pixels?

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:23 AM »
Yup, but either the action script in the SWF or an external PHP file has to be used to store the game data/scores...

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
Ok, I might just start with a simple game. I can also get games from other websites, like Exit Path and Crush The Castle. If you don't know those games, they are on Armor Games. However, if I submit Exit Path, you won't be able to play Multiplayer. That option is only allowed at Armor Games. There's also a very gorey game you may know, it's called Happy Wheels. You can check that game out too, but you'd have to go to their website which is totaljerkface.com to play the full version which includes more featured levels, custom maps made by both you and other people, and saving replays. It's a hilarious game though. Btw, are you on EB right now? I went on earlier and nobody but a guy named Hansen1 was online. I need to practice at EB again, cause I played earlier today, and I kinda sucked.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 07:21:58 AM »
Sorry, Hype, had to get some work done last night and then took a nap.  I wasn't on.

I'll check out those games.  Meantime, I'll be on and off during the day today if you want to practice...

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
No problem, I'll see if I can get the .swf and an image for them

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
Can the ZIPed install package for the games  be all in one like the ones you showed me or do they have to be separate ZIP folders?

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »
It's best if they're in separate ZIPs for the install, Hype.  Do you have something ready to try?

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Yes I have Chaos Faction 2, Exit Path, and Happy Wheels. Tell me if any of them don't work. I tested the .swf of the game using SAFlash Player 9. Chaos Faction 2 works fine using it. Happy Wheels seems to work fine at the beginning, but then tells you to upgrade Adobe Flash plugin, and when I did, I got the same message. Exit Path doesn't work using SAFlash Player 9. However, these games should work if they are used on the actual internet. I know that you said a while back that Mediafire doesn't work for you, but attachments aren't working on my computer for some reason. I made sure that it was a supported file format, and that it doesn't exceed the file size limit, but my post doesn't post when I click post. I have a link to a direct download for the ZIP folder, it was uploaded using Mediafire, but it leads straight to the download link location. Please tell me if it works or not.

Here is the link to the download:

http://205.196.123.181/ndxtrblt5vtg/f3zid1a30lb51f6/Games.zip

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
Got them, Hype, thanks.  I'll check them out later tonight and let you know what happens...

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 04:41:27 PM »
Ok.   ;)

Offline Cubestr

• Sir Chandestroy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »
You can also add games from dish mystical place DUMMY NEVER FAILS
I am a very indecisive person
... At least I think I am ... ::)

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
You can also add games from dish mystical place DUMMY NEVER FAILS

Thanks Cubestr, I'll look for fun games there.  ;). Copper, why do you post quotes from other people and that's all?

Offline HyperMite

• The Parachuting Moose
  • Yep, that's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
JoomX, I found the .swf of a fun game called Monkey Kick Off. I will give you a link.

Here's the link to the ZIP file:

http://205.196.123.186/sgsab2957qfg/ojm0dn5tia59w2h/monkeykickoff.zip

P.S. If this game is put in the Penny Arcade, try to beat this score:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Can you lose to that score?  :P. Ok fine, try to beat this one then:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:28:47 PM by HyperMite »