TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Assorted pc games  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Killer5

• Rookie
  • Nathan
    • View Profile
Assorted pc games
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:15:19 AM »
Yo. If anyone plays L4D2, Doom, Diablo, or even wants to play things like Contra 3 online (i have a solution for zsnes net play) feel free to hit me up =).

Heck even if you have other suggestions for games to play on the pc I'm down.

Offline propane

• I like vidya games I tell you hwhat
    • View Profile
    • My Backloggery
Re: Assorted pc games
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »
Hey Killer5 nice to meet you. I didn't even know online play was possible on an SNES emulator. I love playing classic games (most of the games I play are on NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) I would definitely be down to play some classics online. I don't play a lot of PC games online. I'm really into Terraria... one of my favorite games. On the Wii, I play Excitebots online (you have probably noticed on this site most people play it  :P). I haven't played it much in the last couple weeks because I've been really busy, but it's a great game.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »
I'm still on the quest to find a fun FPS that runs on Windows Vista/7 and doesn't require Steam.  Absolutely refuse to use anything Steam related.

I have a ton of old FPS games in the closet, but they won't error free run on 7 without doing some things I don't want to do.

Only one I have right now that I've tested lately and works well is "Uber Soldier 2".  Haven't played it in a long time, but if anybody out there still has a copy laying around and wants to play, just holler.

Meantime, if anybody knows of any other fun, older style FPS that says on the box it works with Vista/7, has online play, and doesn't require Steam, let me know...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »
Just spent a few minutes playing with Uber Soldier 2 for the first time in 3-4 years, and I think I quite like it for multiplayer.  Reminds me a lot of the older style ones like CoD 1.

Couldn't find any running servers online, but did a quick one here locally and I think for now it's my FPS of choice.  Just have to find some other people that have it.  Besides Kandy, she kills me too much.  :P  Apparently my reflexes really have gone down the tubes lately.

I've seen it for cheap and for free out there.  If anybody ends up with a copy let me know...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
What do you have against Steam Joom? :o
I am Truck Norris

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »
I bought one of the first games out for Steam about 10 years (or so) ago, and spent a ton of wasted time online trying to get everything verified, then it forced me to download updates before I could play, then I had to be online whenever I wanted to play.  Torqued me off so bad I swore I'd never get another Steam game.

Of course a couple years later I came across a game I really wanted to play that was only available through Steam, so I caved and got it.  Went through the same thing.

I know millions of people use it, but I never will.  I only buy games that I can reinstall whenever I want, play whenever I want (whether I'm online or not), and am not forced to update when I just want to jump online for a few to play a little.

And, I don't like all my play time being tracked along with browser and computer information.  That's why I use duckduckgo.com as a home page instead of Google.  I get tired of being bombarded with targeted ads everywhere I go that actually know who I am, where I'm from, and what kind of system I have.

I've been playing UberSoldier 2 offline a little again, and am really liking it.  Simple.  Standard weapons (mostly).  Doesn't need to connect to the net to just play.  And I've checked the multiplayer maps again and they're just the way I like them.  Nice and simple, guns everywhere to pick up, and it's just you and your skill (which I find I've lost a lot of lately).  One way or another I'm going to find some people still playing this, as of right now it's going to be my FPS of choice till I come across something else that has the simplicity and fun factor of CoD 1 (which this has) and doesn't require Steam.

So if anybody out there ever comes across a copy and wants to party online, just holler...

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
Sounds like Joom was a little...

[spoiler]Steamed. 8)[/spoiler]

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »
 :P :P :P :P :P

Very.... [spoiler]Steamed[/spoiler]

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 11:35:58 PM »
I just realized I'm getting to be quite the hermit, sitting alone in C3 playing US2 all by myself...  ;D

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
I bought one of the first games out for Steam about 10 years (or so) ago, and spent a ton of wasted time online trying to get everything verified, then it forced me to download updates before I could play, then I had to be online whenever I wanted to play.  Torqued me off so bad I swore I'd never get another Steam game.

Of course a couple years later I came across a game I really wanted to play that was only available through Steam, so I caved and got it.  Went through the same thing.

I know millions of people use it, but I never will.  I only buy games that I can reinstall whenever I want, play whenever I want (whether I'm online or not), and am not forced to update when I just want to jump online for a few to play a little.

And, I don't like all my play time being tracked along with browser and computer information.  That's why I use duckduckgo.com as a home page instead of Google.  I get tired of being bombarded with targeted ads everywhere I go that actually know who I am, where I'm from, and what kind of system I have.

I've been playing UberSoldier 2 offline a little again, and am really liking it.  Simple.  Standard weapons (mostly).  Doesn't need to connect to the net to just play.  And I've checked the multiplayer maps again and they're just the way I like them.  Nice and simple, guns everywhere to pick up, and it's just you and your skill (which I find I've lost a lot of lately).  One way or another I'm going to find some people still playing this, as of right now it's going to be my FPS of choice till I come across something else that has the simplicity and fun factor of CoD 1 (which this has) and doesn't require Steam.

So if anybody out there ever comes across a copy and wants to party online, just holler...

The games you buy on Steam are tied to your account, you can reinstall them whenever you want however you have to be online for that. There is an option to play games offline without having to launch Steam methinks although I get where you are coming from. One bad experience can ruin something for someone. :x

Get AdBlock on Chrome or FireFox, works wonders lol.
I am Truck Norris

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
Yup, you can reinstall the game if you're online, and Steam is up and running, and they're still in business in 5 years.  But yeah, you can.

Steam has a process you can go through to be able to play offline, but it's a pain and doesn't always work.  They finally caved quite a while back and started to offer that because hackers were hacking the games and making it a lot easier to play the hacked versions than through Steam, which really torqued the people who payed for the game.

Adblock works okay, but there are much better proxy walls to use.  One of the freebies is "hidemyass.com", but there are a ton of them.  A lot of paid addons for browsers, too, that go through a proxy server.  I've used quite a few of them, but it's easier just to use a search engine that doesn't track you.  As much.

Yeah, all it takes sometimes is a really bad experience.  There are a ton of people who still complain about Steam, but use it because they want to play the games.  Some, like me, just refuse.  I only buy software that I can hold (digitally), install when I want, and use when I want.  Leaves me outside the party sometimes, but thems the breaks...  ;)