Author Topic: Wii Sports Club for WiiU  (Read 787 times)

Offline Dynam0

• View Profile
Wii Sports Club for WiiU
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:43:09 AM »
Some of you who have Wiis may have enjoyed Wii Sports and Sports Resort. Nintendo is rolling out downloadable updated versions of some of the sports, featuring online play and limited banter, for the WiiU. You can play friends or opponents in regional clubs or just random. They have started with bowling and tennis. They are rolling out other games later.

I downloaded a trial yesterday and found that it had promise, although there were a number of disconnections and it was laggy from time to time. [So what else is new].

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports_Club.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Sports Club for WiiU
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
I do like the Wii Sports games, Dyn.  Can't see myself getting a 'U' for it, though.  And I won't be getting an XBox or PS in any version.  I guess when the server comes down for EB I'll be down to PC based FPS only, and I haven't done that in a while.  Need to get back into it.

The thing about the racing, especially with EB, is the ability to drink coffee, snack, and relax during and in between races.  Makes a nice work break.  For most games it's all hands on for longer durations.

Would have liked getting into some online tennis and the other sports, though...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Dynam0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »
Just adding a quick note that golf is now available on this. So go out and buy and discounted WiiU! :P

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
Have to check and see what used ones are going for when I get home tonight, Dyn...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »
The used Wii U is going for $250-$270 refurbished on gamestop.com. You might as well buy a new one for $300. ::) I didn't check Ebay, Amazon or other places.

Offline Dynam0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
I am starting to enjoy the WiU. The friend code administration is much simpler among other things. And you can still play Wii games.