TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Poll

Who do you think Raph was?

theJude
0 (0%)
JoomX
1 (5%)
CodyRs
2 (10%)
BTC!!!!
4 (20%)
Another racer?
3 (15%)
Kaboom!
2 (10%)
DARKDOG
3 (15%)
SNOOOOG
0 (0%)
I don't care!
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Raph  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
Raph
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »
So, who is this mystery ZLP with the red roach and smiley face icon? I calculate they need around 66,000 bets won per day to complete in 44 days. Last time I saw them in the lobby (about a day ago), 6.8-6.9 bets won. Vote and tell the community what you think. Oh and Raph, I know you are viewing this. 8)

If you vote for another racer, please comment and tell us who you think it is.

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Raph
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:54:34 PM »
I find it curious I'm at the top of the list.  I WISH I was Raph and my ZLP was that far along, but it's not (I haven't even cracked 3 million).  I wish I had time to race like I used to, but I just don't. :(

I don't know who it is, I think CodyRs was a good guess, but I thought he posted a picture a while back of him racing Raph (although I suppose it could have been staged, but I it seems silly to go through that much trouble).

I doubt it's Joom, but it's a possibility.  I thought he already had a ZLP he was working on, though.

Flash... maybe, but didn't he already complete a ZLP?

Maybe it's YOU, Agent C, and you just created this thread to throw us off your trail...
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »
Okay, I admit it.  It's me.  I took a special "play above your paygrade" pill last month - and it's working.  8)

Maybe it's YOU, Agent C, and you just created this thread to throw us off your trail...

That's a pretty good point, tJ.  ::)

I'd say we could all get a pic racing Raph, but as you said it's easy to stage.  Especially for people with more than one Wii.  Whoever, good luck.  I finally realized from AC's math above that there's no way I can get there from my 3.x mil in the time left...  :(
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
I find it curious I'm at the top of the list.

That was in no particular order.

That's a pretty good point, tJ.  ::)

Ha ha! You guys got jokes! :)) For sure, I am not Raph. I've got a few new goals after beating SNOOOOG's original profile win count. I want to achieve 300 poker wins and beat JoomX's original profile in win count. I only need roughly 4 wins a day to do this. 8)

Flash... maybe, but didn't he already complete a ZLP?

Silly theJudeAbides! You should know only 4 people have completed a ZLP, JamesSk, BIG AIR, SNOOOOG, and TopStar. :P :D

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 06:07:08 AM »
Silly theJudeAbides! You should know only 4 people have completed a ZLP, JamesSk, BIG AIR, SNOOOOG, and TopStar. :P :D

I should, but you have to remember, I've been largely out of the loop for quite some time.  I haven't tracked anybody's stats in forever.  And given that almost everyone here has a ZLP in some shape or form, it's hard to remember who has completed there's  and who hasn't.  I was pretty sure Joom was nowhere near it (unless he's been flat out lying to us, which really isn't in his nature).  Cody... well, we all know the history there, so who knows.  Me? Again: No Time.

Now, I think FLASH may be a good bet.  Given the skills involved, there's a pretty limited number of players it could be, and I really doubt BIG or Top are chasing a 2nd ZLP.  (and Snoooog hasn't been seen or heard from in a long time... hope he makes it back before the shut down.)  There's also a chance somebody like DARKDOG is secretly making a comeback, or RATROD isn't on a fishing boat like he claims to be.  But those are a bit more far fetched.  So yeah, probably either FLASH or Cody, with me leaning slightly towards FLASH now that I've actually done my homework.

EDIT: Tracked down the post where Cody says he's not Raph.  In the interest of fairness and all that....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:13:05 AM by theJudeAbides »
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »
Oh? Another ZLP in the shadows eh? Sounds like an interesting ploy to pull during the last days of WiFi.  ::)
I am Truck Norris

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »
Raph has hit 7,002,500 bets won with 1,734 wins.

He's not FLASH because FLASH's 4 million ZLP had poker wins. Despite Cody's "evidence" I strongly believe he's the one behind this persona. Until I or someone witnesses him in the same lobby as Raph and they both put up monster scores, I won't believe otherwise.

41 days left or about 74,000 bets won a day left. Raph is undoubtedly the final attempt at a complete ZLP.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:32:11 AM »
The net's been total crap here for the last week or so.  Finally looked good enough to race a few minutes ago so I jumped on.

One race and he/she left.  Plat Can - 547 (Me from 1st), 562 (Raph from 2nd).

If the net holds up tomorrow night I'll be in for sure by 11pm or so.  Hope to see some familiar faces...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:55:32 AM »
If that isn't proof that I'm not Raph, I don't know what is.  Everyone knows that I suck at Plat Canada and very rarely break 500 even if I get the 1st place bonus (which I rarely do). 
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
Or, you've just been messing with us all this time, tJ.   8)

I have noticed that they back off on scores sometimes when I come in and bet zero.  Likely trying to dupe me into betting?

The net was working pretty well when I left this morning, if it's still good when I get home later tonight I'll be in...

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 01:11:14 AM »
If it was me I would just say it. In fact I think that was the last time I played EBTR is when I raced him. I've been focusing on sports for my senior year because, I'm going to start in football and basketball. If you really want to believe it's me go ahead I don't care. But it's not...
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:48 PM »
It's interesting to read the opinions, and somehow it would make sense to be me... but I haven't even touch a wheel in I can't remember how long. Is this a profile that just showed up with these stats or have you seen him grow and start out? I kinda want to know who it is now. My guess would be either someone not involved with the community in a while or o'l Toppy's last hoorah. It would be an accomplishment to be the only racer with 2 ZLP's. And if he isn't close to JamesSk's win count or couldn't reach it because of today's lobbies, then why not go for another?

I may have completely missed Top proving that he isn't Raph, but if not then Top is my guess.

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »
I'm racing Raph now with BIG, and I got to say, I still think it's FLASH... mainly due to their style of racing.  The race FAST and consistently get first, and yet the put up monster scores.  Just like we know FLASH is capable.  Cody and TopStar race very differently: they're at the back of the pack, farming it up hard and pulling monsters scores from there.  This is very clearly and obviously an established Vet, not some newbie or up-and-comer.

I suppose it could be someone else, but my gut instinct tells me it's FLASH.
theJude's Backloggery

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
DynamO and bots101 can vouch for me when I say I'm not Raph. I have plenty of photos of me finishing with Raph that can also prove me innoccent.

Raph came out of the blue and is no way a rising star. This player has been around for a while and is no doubt someone among us. Needless to say there's nothing like a final mystery profile case just before the shutdown. ::)

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 02:51:17 AM »
Well I don't know who it could be now. It can't be me because if I pulled anything less than 600 from second at Plat Can, I would say I've lost my mojo.

Offline bots101

• smash-bash-crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 08:06:17 AM »
Raph is not TOPSTAR.

I witnessed them racing a few weeks ago from the lobby.  I must say, something weird was going on.  I watched TOP run a normal line in Plat China, however, Raph's roach seemed to stay in one spot at the starting line, then would morph from one area of the track to the other.  I've seen some strange things from the lobby over the years but nothing like that ever.
If I had to make a judgement call,  I would have to rule that Raph was hacking.  If that is the case, that would disqualify Raph's ZLP.
Play to the room.

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »
I've seen something like that before. I always assumed it was the connection. Cody...

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
Hairbrained food for thought: RATROD.  Do we really know where he is right now?  Isn't fishing season over now?  He's certainly got the skills...
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
Just another thought.  I haven't been able to get in much the last few weeks, but I did notice I hadn't seen much of that Splintr profile since the Ralph ZLP got going.  Splintr seemed to go from so-so to kicking butt in a relatively short time.  At least it seemed that way, could have just been messing around...

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »
I've seen something like that before. I always assumed it was the connection. Cody...
No...
Hairbrained food for thought: RATROD.  Do we really know where he is right now?  Isn't fishing season over now?  He's certainly got the skills...
He's is just like TopStar and I...Slow in the back of the pack guy...

I'm honestly getting irritated...If it was me I would say SO! It's NOT! The biggest ZLP on the three wii's of RATROD's, Demon's, and mine. Is Demon's at 1.7mil. Just checked tonight. I don't even know where RATROD is...Maybe in California visiting family.

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 01:50:56 AM »
No...
Did you like forget how he raced..? He ALWAYS finishes in last...Even on his ZLP's. And fishing season is probably over by now; he's probably in California visiting some family down there...My guess if he's not then I don't know...

I'm getting a little bit irritated about you guys thinking it's me! If it was I would say it WAS! I'm not an inconsiderate kid like I use to and try and trick people... My stepdad has really helped me grow up and stuff like that...Last time I played was tonight on my ZLP that's around 400k...My ONLY ZLP.

Well my guess would be Joom because, think he already had a 3 million+ ZLP here...And now here is a guy Raph. Joom races fast and gets good scores as well...One thing is I don't know if Joom wouldn't finish in a race though...He's never finished or bet vs me in a room...So he probably knows I've Dq'ed them in the past. So yea my opinion.

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
I agree, RatRod was a slow racer... couldn't be him.

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 09:59:56 PM »
The mystery continues!!!! :o ;D I saw Raph from the lobby today. Over 7.5 million. I wonder what the name means? I call him Ralph with the L!  8)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
The mystery continues!!!! :o ;D I saw Raph from the lobby today. Over 7.5 million. I wonder what the name means? I call him Ralph with the L!  8)
So you saw Raph yesterday...Go here http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/School.aspx?SchoolID=6 and you'll find out that it's not me. It's my track meet schedule. And I had one yesterday.

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »
That was around 3:20 Pacific time when I saw Raph. I doubt you would have been home from school that early. I believe you Cody.

Joom has had internet problems. I think Flash is busy with life and school. They are a little too good to be theJude(no offense).

I've raced Awkward a few times lately. I have a new idea(theory) who it is. This person can score quickly and race with even the best of the vets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think it's KABOOM! :o :P 8) :o ;D ;) :D

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
Genius! That makes sense... now we see.

Offline AwkwardRacer

• Well this is awkward...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59:17 AM »
I do check the community every once in a great while, and I can safely sat Raph is not me or Kaboom! We've both been on a forever hiatus. :P I only came back because I never got around to 1,000 wins, and I want to finish before the servers go down. Lol I'm currently at 965... anyways... Its been fun, oh, and btw those were some fun races Agent C ;)
He who is strange...

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 03:51:45 AM »
Alright, I pulled the top 21 from rankings thread, let's go down them one by one:

01} -- FLASH - Says it's not him... still skeptical
02} -- CodyRs - Says it's not him... still skeptical
03} -- BIG AIR - Not him (I raced in a room with his ZLP and Raph)
04} -- TopStar - Not him.
05} -- KaBoom! - Says it's not him... I'm skeptical
06} -- Awkward - Says it's not him... I'm skeptical
07} -- RATROD - Probably not him, he's a slower farmer.
08} -- SNOOOOG - Probably not him... he has a ZLP and hasn't been heard from in a long time
09} -- DARKDOG - Might be a good bet... hasn't been heard from in a while, but I thought his parents don't allow him on these forums anymore?
10} -- Cubestr - Another good guess, although I'm not sure if he's good enough.
11} -- theJude - Not me (BIG AIR can attest to this.)
12} -- BTC - He's got the speed, but I'm not sure if he's got the skill.
13} -- JoomX - Not him (Probably, anyways ;))
14} -- DynamO - Probably not him (I don't think he's good enough)
15} -- Fasty 3 - Unless he's gotten a lot better recently, probably not.
16} -- Agent C - The OBVIOUS culprit :P... ok, obviously not... not NEARLY good enough! :-*
17} -- Coyote - Probably not good enough... unless he's improved.
18} -- PAROX - If he's come back, maybe a good bet.
19} -- Aaron - Was this the Aaron who used to have all the speed records, or a different one (I thought a second "Aaron" signed up here)?  Probably not him, either way.
20} -- JamesSk - A part of me wants to think he's come back and going for a second ZLP (and was secretly improving before he did).
21} -- LOONEY! - An even larger part of me wants to think LOONEY is back again.  Man, I miss racing with her! :'(
theJude's Backloggery

Offline KaBoom

• Tick....Tick....KABOOM!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »
Sorry guys. Not me. I haven't played in forever.
Kaboom!!!! Your mind was just blown.

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
I doubt it would be Parox theJude. He plays World of Tanks most of the time as far as I know.
I am Truck Norris

Offline AwkwardRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »
I'm racing Raph right now. He uses a lot of FLASH's lines...
He who is strange...

Offline Agent C

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »
Its been fun, oh, and btw those were some fun races Agent C ;)

Yes, they were fun and close. Good luck on the 1,000 wins! I don't think you'll have a problem achieving that goal. :)

16} -- Agent C - The OBVIOUS culprit :P... ok, obviously not... not NEARLY good enough! :-*

Lol!  :P ;D :))

Offline FLASH

• TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
I'm racing Raph right now. He uses a lot of FLASH's lines...
This makes me want to come on now...

Offline AwkwardRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
Thanks Agent C. :) Flash if you want to come back on why don't you?  ::)
He who is strange...

Offline AwkwardRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »
You guys can all be there for my thousandth win at least.  8) Well, as long as you give it to me that is. Lol Flash, between you and Top I'd never get it!  :P
He who is strange...