TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Interesting...  (Read 753 times)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Interesting...
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »

http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/09/these-signs-say-nintendo-is-giving-up-on-the-wii-u/

Maybe now is the time to ask Nintendo again for a new EB release for the new system...  ::)
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:38:45 AM »
I don't know, I think the author knows a whole lot about what he's talking about.

Announcing the future to distract us from the present
Uh, duh?!?  Springtime is always a notoriously slow time for game releases, and since not much is coming out soon, they're going to tease the upcoming.

The strategic delay of Zelda
Strategic?!?  Nintendo has habit of delaying Zelda games.  They did it with Skyward Sword, they did it with with Twilight Princess, and the did it with many other Zelda titles.  Cripes, if we got a new console/handheld every time Nintendo delayed a Zelda game, we'd have another 10-20 Nintendo consoles/handhelds.  ::)

The lack of announcements during the latest Nintendo Direct
Wow really?!?  Except for the DLC announcements for existing games, which, as he stated, contain the big games like Smash and Mario Kart.  And, I mean, it's not like there's this big, huge gaming convention coming up in a couple of months in which every major game developer announces a bunch of new games and there's no possible way they'd be saving some announcements for that!  Oh wait, E3 is in like 2 months.  Scratch all that.  Now, if Nintendo has a lackluster showing there, then we can talk.

This guy is just the latest in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG line of Wii U doomsayers who've been saying "ded console" since the first day the Wii U.  Haters gonna hate, I guess.  But the Wii U is doing fine, and I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon.

And about the "Brand New Console," others have stated this before, but I'll state it again here.  Hardware developers start development of the next hardware IMMEDIATELY after a new console is released.  This is the nature of the industry.  That doesn't mean it's gonna come out in 2-3 years.  Hardware development takes a long time.

Either way, though, yall should download SWTOR and start playing it with me.  It's a LOT OF FUN!!
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
I would have to agree with theJude on most of his points. Many people see the Wii U as a flop even though there have been quite a few good games that have come to in within the year.  The only big downside to the Wii U in it's release was the lack of main titles to sell the system. If they had done that near the start I am sure it would have been much more successful and possibly lead to more titles being produced on it. Developers want to develop games on a console that will do well but if no one wants to take that first step it's hard to get the ball rolling.

Either way, though, yall should download SWTOR and start playing it with me.  It's a LOT OF FUN!!

Or you can all play LoL with me.  8)
I am Truck Norris

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »
Or you can all play LoL with me.  8)

But... but... Progression Raiding... set pieces... Ravagers... UNDERLURKER!!!  Bulo?  Revan!  HM Flashpoints...  Blood Hunt!  Class nerfs?  Give me my gall dang Unload back on my PT!

</ incoherent ranting>
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery

Offline Battletanx_Commander

• Master Chef
  • Clawing my way to victory ever boost of the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »
But... but... Progression Raiding... set pieces... Ravagers... UNDERLURKER!!!  Bulo?  Revan!  HM Flashpoints...  Blood Hunt!  Class nerfs?  Give me my gall dang Unload back on my PT!

</ incoherent ranting>

::)
I am Truck Norris

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:32:11 PM »
Maybe you all should join me on the 3DS and play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. 8) Haven't put the game down since it came out 2 months ago. :o

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:27 PM »
I set up a network and wifi at a bar last week, and they asked about setting up a Wii on their main screen for customers.  I set that up today, and I left a copy of EB there.  Told them to tell their customers to practice up, and when they thought they were good to let me know.

Not as good as online, but looks like I might be able to get some split screen competition going.  Could be fun.  They said that sounded like a challenge, I told them it was.

I synced one of my spare remotes to the box to take with me when I go so I wouldn't have to play with some banged up piece of crap.  Even left a wheel there for people who thought they needed one.  Hoping some take the bait.  It was always fun playing for stars, but it should be a kick playing for real money...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 03:38:21 AM »
Maybe you all should join me on the 3DS and play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. 8) Haven't put the game down since it came out 2 months ago. :o

The funny thing is, TopStar, I think you of all people would be most into it.  When you get down to the endgame content and doing the hard missions (and THEY ARE HARD), it becomes all about your stats, min/maxing, figuring out your perfect rotation and then mastering it, a lot like you did with your lines in EB.  People OBSESS over DPS.  Like you don't even know!  Come over to the Dark Side, TopStar, come over to SWTOR!  We have STATS!!!

I set up a network and wifi at a bar last week, and they asked about setting up a Wii on their main screen for customers.  I set that up today, and I left a copy of EB there.  Told them to tell their customers to practice up, and when they thought they were good to let me know.
Not as good as online, but looks like I might be able to get some split screen competition going.  Could be fun.  They said that sounded like a challenge, I told them it was.
I synced one of my spare remotes to the box to take with me when I go so I wouldn't have to play with some banged up piece of crap.  Even left a wheel there for people who thought they needed one.  Hoping some take the bait.  It was always fun playing for stars, but it should be a kick playing for real money...

This made me laugh. ;D  Those poor saps are about the get Joomed so hard, they don't even know. ???  I almost feel bad for them. :-*
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 01:56:30 PM »
This made me laugh. ;D  Those poor saps are about the get Joomed so hard, they don't even know. ???  I almost feel bad for them. :-*

A few of them kind of snickered when I told them I'd take on anybody and everybody.  The "old man" thing.  One of the young ones at the bar said "Ya know, just because you're good at computers doesn't make you good at video games".

I told them I know, and I'm not very good at racing, but I'd be happy to put a few bucks on some races after they've had time to practice.  Before I took the Wii up there, I plugged it in here and created a profile.  Opened up all the tracks with A's (and a few S's) so they could practice them all.

Always amazes me how hard it seemed that first week with EB years ago to get all S's, and now you have to work to not get an S.  Or double S.  :P

The bar owner said they'd call when people were 'ready to race'.  Who knows, though, maybe some young fella with great reflexes will be the next local Flash or TopStar, and I'll be handing over money...  ::)

Offline theJudeAbides

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:42 AM »
I kind of want to see this now, if/when it happens.  Just to see the expressions on their faces when they lose. ;D :P 8)

You should totally butter them up, let them win a few races at the start for a little bit of money (this'll give you a good idea of their skill level as well).  Then, when they're feeling all cocky and start putting down big money (and maybe after they've had a few more beers then they should have), you bust out your real lines and take it all away from them.  :D
theJude's Backloggery

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 03:47:36 AM »
 :P :P :P

That's kind of the idea.  ;D

A lot of people don't like EB at first because they don't know what they're doing, and they give up on it as a crap racing game.  I'm hoping at least a few of them stick with it long enough to think they're good.

I figure it will take at least a week or two for any of them to start playing with it.  They'll have to do the bowling/golf/whatever crap first.  But I'm going to stop by every once in a while and talk smack till they decide to teach me a lesson.  Then just drive around the track for a few races, crash enough times to let them finish first, get a little upset when they beat me, then ask if they think they're good enough to bet.

Should be a hoot...