Author Topic: Monster Games  (Read 405 times)

Offline CodyRs

• TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
Monster Games
« on: April 22, 2015, 03:26:55 AM »
Well I was just curious if you guys think that they would re-create an Excitebots game? What if they got many emails telling them how good the game was etc. Maybe they would make another one? Cause I'm truly bored with gaming in general now. That game was life. It would be devastating if they didn't make another sequel to it.
My CodyRs profile is retired! 9,215 Excite Wins and 225 poker wins!

Offline TopStarRacer

• Excite Win Junkie
  • TGC Junkie
  • Race on!
    • View Profile
    • TopStarRacer's YouTube Channel
Re: Monster Games
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:31:02 AM »
This topic just reminded me about Barbie and bots101 and how neither of them are around anymore. :( It's been almost a year since online shutdown. Wish everyone was on board with Wiimmfi.

Offline theJudeAbides

• The Most Interesting Jerk on the Internet
  • I'm theJude, deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Games
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 03:32:04 AM »
Well, looking at their recent history, I wouldn't hold my breathe.  It looks like the JUST got done releasing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS.

Looking at it further, we see that their last 3 games have been for the 3DS, and the last 2 games have been remakes/ports of Wii games.  Who knows what they may be up to next, and maybe they don't know either, but there's good odds it'll be on the 3DS, since they seem to be making games for that system right now.  I suppose there's a chance they would remake/remaster Excitebots for the 3DS, but I think, at this point, that's the best we can hope for.  And even there, the soonest we would get that would probably be 2017, given they seem to release a game every 2 years.

Sadly folks, I think Nintendo has once again given up on this franchise.  They really only care about one thing: sales and profit... and Excitebots DID NOT perform well, despite what some of you may think.  We all know the reasons for it, many of which are Nintendo's fault, but that doesn't matter to them.  They likely view it as an unacceptable risk and as such, the Excite series will get thrown back in the vault for another 20 or so years.  I guess I'll see you guys when I'm in my 50s... :(  Hopefully Joom will still be alive to see it as well. ??? ::) :'(
I don't always play videogames, but when I do, I prefer Excitebots.  Keep spinning, my friends.  8)
theJude's Backloggery