TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Where things are at for the forums...  (Read 881 times)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Where things are at for the forums...
« on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »
Finally got around to spending the last couple weeks getting the forums up to speed.  Below is a list (in no particular order) of some of the things that have been done to date:

- The basic forum board/sub-board structure is in place, but will be added to as necessary.
- The Blog page is in place, any blogs posted in the Member Blog board will also be shown there.
- The live chat system is in place and working very nicely, allowing members to chat live with other members.
- The ShoutBox is in place.
- The Quick Edit box at the bottom of thread listings has been modded to include edit button strips for usability,
   similar to the full edit screen.
- Added the ability for admins/moderators to order sticky topics to improve sequencing.
- Additional options and features added to the post editor.
- The Gallery is functional, there is a general area and each member can have their own albums.
- The Personal Message system has been improved.
- Added index headers/footers for things like "Game of the Month", or whatever might go there.
- Added the ability to stretch the post edit box vertically to make the text entry area larger (very nice).
- Enhanced the Profile system for members, lots more they can do with their profile now.
- Added full editor button strips to the signature block in the profile section.
- Added more information to the User Info boxes in posts.
- Added a Members Pages option in the main menu.  This option was set up to allow members to have their own
   personal web page on the site.  Pages are submitted to the admin, who places them on the site.
- Many other minor enhancements throughout the system to add functionality and aesthetics.

As other features are added/changed, I'll update this blog...

03/03/2011 Update:

- Added a new Notepad system to the main menu.  Regular members can create up to 5 pages of notes.  Handy
  for any number of things you might want to keep track of, temporarily or permanently.
- Added a new Multi-Quote system.  It's a new button top right in posts that allow you to basically copy that post
  to a clipboard.  You can do that on multiple posts, then when you click the Quote button on a post not only will
  that post be quoted but all other posts you clicked Multi-Quote on will be quoted in the same post.
- Added a new 'popular posts' block to the bottom of the forum index page, still deciding whether to keep it.
- Added the ability to note the reason for editing a post.
- Added a few more small features throughout the system for usability.

05/27/2011 Update:

- Main new addition is the Arcade, currently at 356 games as of this writing with more being added regularly
- New footer menu section to allow links to major features as well as external links

05/30/2011 Update:

- Added a 'spoiler' system.  Anything enclosed between the tags
Code: [Select]
[spoiler].......[/spoiler] will be hidden when viewing a post until the reader clicks the option to show the information...

As other features are added/changed, I'll update this blog...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:07:40 AM by JustOneOldMan »
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)