TGC ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Forum rules apply here! Only members can Shout.
  • TopStarRacer: Happy birthday BTC! :D
    January 10, 2018, 03:48:28 AM
  • JoomX: Got a birthday coming up, eh BTC?  Make it a good one...  :)
    January 06, 2018, 04:58:58 PM
  • JoomX: Well, it's 2018.  9 years old and EB is still the best racing game on the planet...
    January 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM
  • JoomX: Back at ya, Top.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  And yes, EB 2018 would be the best Christmas gift...
    December 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping a new EB comes out in 2018! We can dream right?
    December 24, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
  • JoomX: Wow, four members here today.  It's a revival...  ;D
    December 13, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
  • theJudeAbides: Just need Snooog and Big Air to come back... and for theJude to go away. :D :P
    December 13, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
  • FLASH: Not at all! That's not even the comic book Barry Allen, but I'm ok with Ezra Miller as the Flash. Superman is more my speed these days  8)
    December 10, 2017, 10:17:37 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Hey FLASH! I saw Justice League the other day. How much do you relate to FLASH? :P
    December 08, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
  • JoomX: Good to see you too, Flash.  Too bad we don't have a good game we could all get into and hang out more often...
    December 08, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
  • FLASH: Long time no see Agent C! Good to see you around! BTC wished me a Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks ago so I figured I'd check in and see what's up. Hope you all are doing well!
    December 08, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
  • JoomX: Yes it would, Top.  Miss chatting with the old crew, including Dynamo.  And hey there, Agent C, good to see you...  :)
    December 04, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
  • TopStarRacer: Now if only BIG AIR and Snooog could pop in...be nice to hear from those old farts.
    December 02, 2017, 01:14:34 AM
  • TopStarRacer: The legend himself, how is the ol' AC?  Miss racing and chatting with you!
    December 02, 2017, 01:13:34 AM
  • Agent C: ;D
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
  • Agent C: Oh, and Nintendo Switch sucks, wouldn't buy it for $50!
    December 01, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
  • Agent C: See, been that long, forgot it tells who is saying what! :P
    December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
  • Agent C: Agent C, checking in after a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still around.
    December 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM
  • JoomX: 33rd?  Wow...
    December 01, 2017, 11:42:04 AM
  • TopStarRacer: Happy 33rd Birthday Excitebike, the one that started it all!
    November 30, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Chinese remotes...  (Read 1610 times)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
  • It's all about the game...
    • View Profile
Chinese remotes...
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Not long after we got the Wii, I looked around for a deal on backup remotes.  Ended up ordering a couple from China.  Actual Nintendo controllers.

They work great, except they both drift left pretty badly.  You have to keep them cranked right to go straight.  I did a lot of searching and found a post somewhere where someone else had exactly the same issue, but there was no resolution for it.

Anybody else run into this?
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Schprocket

• Skippy...Skippy.... Skippy the Bush Kangaroooooo
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese remotes...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »
Joom, I thought there might have been some sort of digital or analogue trim for this, but it seems not (so far...).

What I did wonder though, and this comes from a Ninty support posting, do you have any other bluetooth devices in the vicinity?

NVRSCR
I downloaded the operations manual and carefully reviewed the set up section. What I found out was that the sensor bar needs to hang over the edge about a quarter of an inch; it was fairly stable by itself, but I used double stick tape to be secure it to the top of my HDTV. Not 100% sure why, but it seemed to have resolved the problem. The Wii motion plus has a calibration feature, but I'm pretty sure it just checks the orientation of the controller.

TNF
Also if you have any blue tooth items in that room move them and try again.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Thanks, S.  No Bluetooth devices around.  I did the same thing checking for any kind of calibration, but the only thing there is is for the pointing part.  I also tried a different sensor, but that didn't do anything.

All other remotes seem fine, but both of the Chinese remotes do exactly the same thing to exactly the same degree.  They work okay for other types of games (mostly), but not for driving games.  They're only for backup, but I'd tried them to see if I could improve my boosting with newer remotes.  That didn't help either. :P

Guess you win some and lose some, eh?
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Schprocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:42 AM »
Well I just got a 'mote and nunchuk from Hong Kong so I'll let you know how it goes in Mario Kart... not that I'm sure if I can tell if it's the 'mote or me at this stage... :)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:25:26 AM »
Sounds good, S, thanks.  Would be interesting to know if they do the same thing in other games.

Gotta get MK ordered...

Offline Schprocket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:54:29 AM »
Well now, there's two parts to this good-news story.

The first part is that the Wii-mote looks just like an adorable puddy-tat who does the darndest things on your tiles... ahhh... sorry ... wrong story... it's red so it already makes me go faster in Mario Kart than I normally would be able to white a white or black one.

Secondly, there's no discernable drift to the left as yet.

I bought this on eBay from here

P.S. is that roo driving anybody else bonkers, yet, or is it just me? :)

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 04:25:26 PM »
I got mine on EBay too, S, but not the red ones.  Can't remember the vendor name.  Glad to hear they're working well for you so far, if they do in MK they should in EB...

Offline No Good

• bad cicada
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »
We got two generic controllers from monoprice. Both of them have issues with the accelerometer when playing EB. The air spins really freak them out.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
The air spins really freak them out.

:P :P :P

Yup, I know what you mean, NG.  Everything is good on mine except the drift, which also makes spinning a killer.  Guess they're good backups for other games, but I'll have to get some better quality backups for EB.  Also have to get around to ordering a couple more games...

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity?

Offline FLASH

• FC: 0648-3542-8677
  • TGC Junkie
  • Fastest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
And since Nintendo is a Japanese company with "no" HQ in China, that might be another problem.

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity?

I don't think there's anything to adjust, Flash, except the pointer sensitivity...

Offline Airman

• Flying sky high
  • High level gaming is what I do best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
Did you try  changing the sensor bar.Mabey you need a certain type of  a sensor bar for different remotes.
Airman  8) ;) :P

Offline JoomX

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TGC Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
Finally just gave them away, AM...